Monday 30 May 2011

Reading Supplies - office supplies, reading supplies


I just wanted to clarify for prospective customers that this is a great value pack, especially for those who need it to use as place markers for books and such. However, before buying this, know this - the Value pack that Amazon ships you is not 280 page flags plus 48 arrows, BUT instead 200 page flags plus 48 arrows. I have notified and asked Amazon for a replacement and they still shipped me the wrong product, which means they don't have the product advertised. If you're okay with this, then it shouldn't be much of a hassle for you. Post-it Flags Value Pack, Assorted Colors, 280 Page Flags and 48 Arrows of 0.5 Inch per Pack (683-VAD1)

I just got my Post-it Flags pack in the mail and have used it already. I'm a book marker. When I come to a passage or a paragraph that I want to get back to I mark it with a highlighter or a post-it note. These post-its are the regular kind and also contain arrow markers which I like. Sometimes, I do not want to mark my books permanently and post-its are the way to go. In any case, if you're a book marker like me, I highly recommend this set of post-it notes.

Let's face it, the flags with the arrows are entirely useless. Unless you over-highlight, the flags with arrows on them are too large to be of any benefit (and if you do find them useful, perhaps you should change your highlighting habits). This product, still, is of infinite boon to the student.



Fast shipping from the seller, these flags are priced very decently. They could be better, because this is the same retail price you'd be paying for them at a grocer or bookstore, but the 40% markup is always annoying. This company could charge $1 less for this product (minimum, they could probably charge $3 less) and still make a profit.



PS: apply your flags to the top of your book! If you put them along the long side, you cannot put the book into a bookshelf!

I am a law school student. To be honest, only other law school students, lawyers, and some other grad students will really be able to appreciate this review. Honestly I can't say I have any problems with this product. The only problem I have is that I have to use this product. Throughout undergrad I would see people at the law school building on campus with books with thousands of little pieces of paper sticking out the side. I swore I would not be one of those people. 2 weeks into law school... I became one of those people.



As most grad students know, you have a lot more reading, and a lot more detailed reading to do in graduate school. This is especially important to law school students since the Socratic method requires us to flip between pages on the spot desperately looking for information. With these flags I am able to have a wonderfully organized book that I can sort through quickly.



This product is especially valuable in the world of flagging up books for a couple of reasons:



1) It is cheap enough to put 200 flags in a book without having to take out additional student loans

2) The dispensers are great because they let you easily pull the flags out with one hand so you can pull one out and put it right on the page

3) They have multiple colors for organization

4) They are plastic so they don't tear like the cheap, paper knock-offs



Honestly, if you are in undergrad you probably won't ever use this whole package, but if you are starting grad school... well... you may want a few packages (And don't forget to get a matching multi-color highlighter set). - Post-its - Reading Supplies - Markers - Office Supplies'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Reading Supplies - office supplies, reading supplies office supplies Reading Supplies - office supplies, reading supplies