Monday 30 May 2011

Adjustable Over Ear Light - adjustable over ear light, reading light


Light works great. I use it in the evening while my son is watching TV, I can sit and knit without having all the lights on in the room. It slips easily over the ear (and I wear glasses and it fits fine), it's comfortable and puts the light just where I want it. eGear LED Ear Light (Silver Case)

The eGear LED Ear Light is really great. the intensity of the light is amazing. That is also it's only downfall. It is so totally focused that it limits you to keeping your head almost totally still. Not that that is a major flaw but it can cause a problem if you are reading for a long time. The light is so bright that my daughter was shocked when I looked toward her with it on my ear. She said she was blinded (temporarily of course). It has the intensity of a flash. It is great if you are riding in a car or on a train or just in the house and don't want to turn the lights on but want to read in peaceful setting. It is extremely helpful if the outside light isn't on at the house and I am trying to find my keys let alone the lock. I love it!

I like this product and it does work. But, I'm still having a little trouble focusing the light in the specific area. Since I like to read while lying down in bed; sometimes the light while touching the pillow gets moved ever so slightly and the focus is not where I originally put it. But, all in all it is a good idea.

I read at night and my wife is sensitive to light when she sleeps. Too much and she tries to eat my soul. She almost got it once. eGear to the rescue !



Pros:



Very little light spillage. It will not put light on the ceiling or anywhere else. I cannot stress the importance of this factor enough. It's very directional. It lights up my kindle and only my kindle and does it without glare. I have gone though several other lights and have had my soul almost eaten several times.



The light can be swiveled a great deal. This is important for aiming that directional spotlight.



Cons:

It can be uncomfortable. The hook that goes behind your ear is plastic and not rubberized. Care should be taken when putting it on so it will not pinch you ear. When you get the hang of it you'll be fine.



No power adjustment. This is minor as the light level is just what I'd want it to be.



Cannot be worn on either ear. This thing is designed for your right ear only. It cannot be switched. If your spouse sleeps to your right they *may* see a little point of light from the unit, but my wife hasn't noticed the source yet and I retain my soul.



Overall this is my main reading light.

I use this light at night to read my kindle. Its not so bright where it disturbs my other half when he's trying to go to sleep. Instead it focuses the light really well where I want. Its easy to adjust and simple to use. Unlike other kindle lights that clip on this light doesn't add any additional weight to your kindle and you can barely feel it in your ear.

I had a wonderful LED ear lite, that broke and that I can't locate to purchase again. So, I tried this one. I was quite disappointed. This one is very uncomfortable to wear (the ear piece is hard plastic and unless I am missing something, can only be worn on the right ear). The on/off switch is surprisingly loud in the middle of the night when I am trying to read next to my wife in bed. The light, although quite bright which is nice, is too narrow of a beam. You have to keep moving your head all over to see the entire page. It would be nice if there was some type of diffuser to make the light broader. - Reading Light - Hands Free Light - Book Light - Adjustable Over Ear Light'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Adjustable Over Ear Light - adjustable over ear light, reading light adjustable over ear light Adjustable Over Ear Light - adjustable over ear light, reading light