Monday 30 May 2011

Home Theater - home theater


Good quality construction and an easy install. For installation in an existing wall, there are our solid tabs to secure this to the drywall and they are located toward the center of the box, which makes it very easy when you're in a tight location between studs (as I was, 6 inches). Recessed cavity is perfect for a decora surge protected power outlet on one side and an HDMI connector on the other. Can be flipped so power outlet is on either side. Arlington TVBU505-1 Recessed TV Box Wall Plate Kit Paintable 2-Gang, White

The great thing about this box is it has both a power side and a low voltage side, which makes it perfect for installing behind a TV mounted on the wall. I've installed two of these, both with surge protected outlets on the power side. On the low voltage side I installed a couple of Leviton 4 port Quickport inserts, popped in HDMI, Ethernet, USB, and coaxial cable modules and I was ready to go!



The power side is has a single plastic wire clamp, so if you need to run two cables into it you need to get either another clamp or pull both through the single clamp. Two 14/2 cables fit well.

This item is pretty much the perfect setup for doing an on wall TV mount. The box fits the perfect depth of the wall if standard 2x4's exist. I used a surge protected outlet on the high voltage side and a trim plate with an oval hole for the low voltage side. Would recommend to anyone.

This is exactly what I needed. Home Depot didn't carry a two gang recessed box. When I came across this with one half closed for electrical and one half open for low voltage, I immediately ordered it.



It's a lot bigger than I thought. The cover plate is 6 3/4" tall by 6" wide. I wanted to put it directly behind the TV between the cross bars mounted on the wall, but it wouldn't fit. I ended up centering it directly over the bracket, still behind the TV.



I purchased a surge outlet for the electrical side and an HDMI/Coax combo plate for the low voltage side (See picture).



As previously mentioned, the box is very deep, going all the way to the dry wall. Due to this, I had to use a 90 degree HDMI elbow adapter. The HDMI/Coax combo plates do not come with a dongle behind the wall (the two HDMI plates do have dongles, so you shouldn't need the elbow adapter).



The electrical side has a snug connection for the incoming Romex.



I'd definitely order it again for my next LCD TV. - Home Theater'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information