Monday 30 May 2011

Gaming Headset - chat, microphone


This does not come with a USB hook up. I'm personally happy about that. It frees up my other two USB ports. It comes with a two pronged hook-up, for the microphone port and the headphone port. You can plug in just one or both, depending on your needs.



Just make sure you have a mic and headphones port on your computer, the small round ones. (I don't know the technical term.)



If I just want to listen to music, I can use the headset alone. If I just need the mic, I can unplug the headphone jack from the port and have my computer's sound come through the speakers. The mic still functions.



It's very comfortable, unlike some headphones. I can wear it for hours and forget I have it on. The sound is great, and the microphone seems to work well for my gaming needs.



One tiny negative would be that it encloses your ears completely. So hearing the sounds around you can be somewhat difficult. That can be a positive as well, though, since it blocks out other noises.



Over all, this is a great uncomplicated device. I plugged it in, and it worked! Universal PC/Stereo Gaming Headset - Yapster TM-YB100A – Black

Yapster TM-YW100A - nice sound quality, sensitive mic. I checked mic in Corel Video Studio Pro X2. Recording quality: loud, clear, no white noise. I liked it. Sound is great also! Good enough bass and high frequencies.

Fit exactly for my ears. Feels a little tight, but if you want to unbend it be aware that it is plastic under soft leather so be careful.

Headphones have volume control, mute button. Both work so far flawlessly.

Very nice design. Mid size. Cord 168 cm though not 2.2m as in description, but it's still long enough to not pluck off if you will stand up suddenly. The mic handle is very pliable and long enough for anybody's head. It's about 7.5'' or 19 cm from plastic part of center of connection with headphone to the end of plastic part of microphone. You can bend it on anyway you want. Very handy!Other characteristics:



3.5 mini-jack;



Microphone:

Noise reduction design (however I'd recommend adjust it lower otherwise your breath from nose will be heard);

Omni-directional;

Frequency response: 30 - 16Khz

Sensitivity: -59 db



Headphones:



Frequency response: 20 - 20KHz

Sensitivity: 100db

Max power input 50mW



Right price, right size, right headphones with microphone - right on, right on!



Update: 6 months later I bought some unbranded VOIP/SKYPE Headset w/Microphone which was cheaper and I regretted it. As old says don't buy to cheap - you'll pay twice. It was a step down after Yapster. So, on the second day I ordered from Yapster and received (in couple days) my well known TM-YW100A. It's my second headset (first one was taken from me by my kid) and I still happy with it. Microphone quality is outstanding and so sound quality.



The only thing I'd highly recommend to Yapster Company is to include the Microphone Cover which is noticeably reduce a breath noise.



The rest is awesome!

Long life to Yapster! :-)

I still recommend it very much.

this is a circumaural headset, which means, it captures sound from 360 degrees while playing in a first person shooter pc game. i find the bass very deep for a headset. this affordable headset is excellent. did alot of research to enhance my gaming and spent needless amounts of money to find that "perfect" headset for under $30, and i finally found a "near perfect" one.





PROS:

great bass sound

great surround 3D immersive feel

good quality mic

mic length adjustable

mic on/off switch

volume control





CONS:

headset kinda feels flimsy. don't care, it's cheap.

cord is only 6 feet long, good for me, hate tripping over cord.

earpiece feels kinda tight but comfortable, may irritate ear cartilage with prolonged usage.





overall:

i'm still amazed at the quality of sound this thing produces! when i first put this on and got into a game...i said to myself, "WOW!". the old saying..."you get what you pay for" isn't true at all in this case.

I ALWAYS read reviews before purchasing a product. Amazon first place I come Users reviews. When I purchased Headset there was only 3 Reviews or so and they were decent.



what I use headphones for.



Voip

Music



I will tell you about Voip experiences. I use vonage companion and just voip to make calls on a daily basis. The Calls quality is just fantastic 5 out 5. The Main reason I purchased them was for voip calls no other reason really. I have gone through so many other headsets because I travel, and just toss headphones in bag with laptop and since they mics are not metal like this one they don't last long. I have asked several people how do I sound when making calls how do I sound they all say Perfect. The comfortable also, I use them for listening for listening to conference calls. I keep them for hours at time.



Right now a present time writing this review, I am listening to music and they sound pretty good. I would give them solid 3.8-4.0 for music.



They look pretty cool, and build quality seems like last quite a while. I BEAT them up, throw in gym bag and with laptops and clothes etc with no regard. - Headset - Headphones - Microphone - Chat'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information