Monday 30 May 2011

Esata - esata cable, external hard drive


This is very useful if you machine does not have an e-sata port but where the machine has a regular sata port. SATA is much faster then USB 2.0 or Firewire 800. It provides a work-around where you do not have USB or Firewire capabilities, as is the case, with some security configurations. StarTech 6 Ft. Shielded Internal to external eSATA to SATA Cable, M/M (SATA2ESATA6)

Fairly priced. Prompt shipping. Cord long enough to allow flexibility in placement of the hard drive I bought this for. Cable is a bit stiff - probably due to the extra shielding for external use. Also discourages crimping. Plugs seat quite snugly on both ends.



This is a great option to use instead of the USB cables for external drives. Read write speeds rival an internal drive and MUCH MUCH MUCH faster than USB externals. This is the way to go!

I have been using this for about a year now and love being able to transfer at sata speeds to an external hard drive even tho my computer did not have an esata port. I just plugged it into my SATA03 internal port and had the cable come out an empty PCI slot opening. I do not even have to tell the BIOS if it is there (I frequently remove it to take the exteral hard drive to work for off-site storage, so I wanted the BIOS to default to NONE). Windows 7 just recognizes the drive as soon as I plug it in. In WinXP I had to do a Device Manager / Scan for Hardware changes if it did not appear fast enough for my impatience.

Interestingly enough, on my brand new computer, this has proven more reliable than the built-in esata port, so I use this cable instead of that esata port.

This is the ideal solution to adding an external eSATA hard drive to your computer if you don't have an eSATA slot on your motherboard. I used it to jack into my Asus Rampage Formula which amazingly has no external eSATA connection despite being an expensive enthusiast board. It worked perfectly for its intended application. The cable is a little thick due to the shielding, but that's a good thing. - External Hard Drive - Esata Cable - Sata'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Esata - esata cable, external hard drive sata Esata - esata cable, external hard drive