Monday 30 May 2011

Gaming Mouse - mouse pad, razer


I received this after 3 days with free shipping to Virginia. This mouse pad was to replace my old school Steel Series 3s aluminum pad. The aluminum pads seem to have increased drag if the surrounding environment is cold or if the user fails to maintain it (clean it). It is also noisy and sometimes a weird grinding noise would come from them. Sometimes this occurs right after a clean too! I decided to try out these plastic mouse pads and I must say I am very impressed with my Razer Vespula. It is quiet and the wrist pad is thin enough to be unobtrusive during gaming in my opinion. I have a smaller desk and this mouse pad utilizes every available centimeter left. It stays firmly on my desk and it's made of weird smooth coat of paint over wood that doesn't offer much traction. The Vespula has a speed and control side. The difference is noticeable enough where it would make a difference which side you choose to use. I prefer the control side as I feel like it's slicker as opposed to smoother. Or maybe I'm using the speed side, I don't know :P. The price is a bit high BUT if you are willing to drop premium for a premium mouse pad, you will not be disappointed in the Razer Vespula.



Pros:

-No more grease/oil from skin rubbing off onto the mouse pad which seems to be a problem with metal pads.

-Choice between 2 different surfaces.

-Stays in place with or without the rubber mat.

-No noise at all under normal use. Even during fast movement, the sound is negligible.



Cons:

-Made of plastic which can break easily but I don't plan on moving my mouse pad around too often as my LAN party days are over :P. Razer Vespula Dual-Sided Gaming Mouse Mat (Dark Grey)

I bought the Vespula for work since I use Photoshop a lot and require my mouse to be very precise (when I'm not using my Wacom tablet). I really like it. I also own the ExactMat for gaming at home. If I had to go back and choose between the two, I'd get the Vespula over the ExactMat. It's a little more compact but still gets the job done.

The title pretty much says it all. I got the razer vespula as a replacement to a wearing-out exactmat. the texture on both sides feels good for gaming. i prefer speed side as i did on the exactmat, however the vespula is just to small for serious gaming in my opinion. while the horizontal distance is fine the verticle distance is barely taller than my mouse (deathadder). partly because the the cut out in the top to match the bottom where the wristpad (which i dont use anyway) goes. seems they went for asthetics over performance :( o and without the wristmat under it it slides around on my desk. which i fixed by cutting off the wrist wrest from the wrist mat. guess i wont be able to send it back. ill be sticking with my exactmat for now.



Pros: does'nt seem to collect dirt or get cold as easy as aluminum pad.

Nice surface for gaming



Cons: too small from top to bottom for gaming

does'nt stick to my desk very well without the wristmat under it.

Bought this thinking it would share the same quality and performance as the Razer ExactMat but wasn't even close. The Vespula is made of plastic instead of aluminum, is smaller, and has a much firmer wrist pad, making it uncomfortable with extended use. To top it off the pad has already been worn after a month's use due to poor durability on the surface. This was clearly a move by Razer to lower quality because profit margins weren't high enough to justify the ExactMat. Now they make you pay a lot more for their Ironclad aluminum pad.

This gaming surface is easily the best that I have used for optical and laser mice. Certainly the accuracy side seems to work better with an optical mouse, but the laser mouse performs admirably on both the accuracy and speed sides. I will say that you need to keep the mat clear of debris because if your mouse catches something and drags it across there will likely be a mark--you won't see it unless you're looking for it, but it's there. After hours of use in casual and gaming settings I can say it is the perfect size and surface for any user.

I like the quality of the mousepad so far, but I didn't realize how big it was. I cannot fit it and my keyboard on my keyboard tray. Something to think about if your desk has a keyboard tray.



My hands & wrists are shot from tons of computer work & gaming time, so I can't flip it from "landscape" to "portrait," or then I would lose the wristpad.



If it was 1/2 to 2/3 the size, I'd say it would be perfect for a mid-priced higher quality gaming pad.



I just bought it a few weeks ago, so we'll see how well it holds up. So far, so good.

i own multiple razer products -- the new lachesis, a lycosa and this.



i bought it because i have bad wrist problems. i'm an artist as well as a gamer.



the PLASTIC mouse pad is seperated from the "stationing" pad (it keeps the plastic board in place and has the actual wrist pad on it.) if you own a destructor, you can use the "stationing" pad with it if you don't end up liking the actual (plastic) mouse pad's size or texture, because they both have the same shape.



if you're into size, you might want to get something big like the destructor. however, i believe anyone complaining about the size of this mouse pad simply isn't utilizing the space given to them. if you keep your wrist or the bottom of your palm on the wrist pad and keep your mouse centered it will be fine. i also do not slide my mouse all over the place, i lift and place it back down and gently nudge it to move my cursor. this is another reason why some people complain -- they move their mouse much differently.



i was afraid this would feel like sand paper. it is actually just textured plastic. it isn't rough, it won't bother you if you aren't into rough textures.



if you have bad wrist problems, you will notice immediately that a brand new vespula wrist pad is very firm and doesn't help you out much. over long periods of use, it will eventually soften and become more pliable and easily molds to your wrist. think of it as a brand new bed. jump on it a little.



the wrist pad coupled with a razer wrist band or some other wrist band will really help anyone in dire need of wrist comfort.



you might end up only using one side of this product which is why i give it three stars. one side contains an exclamation mark and the other side contains a clock symbol. i use the side with the exclamation mark, it is smoother underneath the mouse while the opposite side (clock symbol) feels more rough and bumpy. - Gaming Mice - Razer - Mouse Pad - Computer Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information