Monday 30 May 2011

Cpu Coolers - thermal compound, arctic silver


im a pc gamer and my processor is slightly over clocked...amd4400 X2 at 2.53GHZ and a Zalman am2 lives on top of it..along with that i also have two large zalman fans livig on top of 2 7950 BFG's- all of the gear has had this thermal compound on it for a year... performance wise the grease works great and will significantly drop the cpu temp, with the standard tape it was pushing 50c, with the thermal compound it dropped it to 30c, over time the cpu likes to sit at around 33-35 constantly with full load..same deal for the cards, they were around 53C before and then 37-40c afterwards..



1.the good: the grease is a liquid that can be brushed on..

application is super easy-and the grease comes off easy too..



2.the bad: grease does not keep over time-dries out and hardens in the bottle in about 6 months..even with the lid shut tight....



in the past i have used artic sliver..and all the others..by far..i like this one the most..primarily for its easy ability to be applied..but having it dry out on me..is a real bummer..and its happened to me twice!.. Zalman ZM-STG1 Super Thermal Grease

There is not a lot to say about this Thermal Paste. The Convenience of having a small brush to paste the grease brings a lot of ease in the process. I actually enjoyed doing it. It aided my Cooler Master V8 in dropping my CPU temp down 20C (from 52 to 32)



The amount is very little, though. If you're planning to go through a lot of heatsinks, it's recommended to buy a second or a third. I can't quite say whether its performance beats others like the Arctic Silver, but the application is definitely a thousand times easier.

Product image is accurate.

Product seems to work fine for my CPU and GPU, but I don't over-clock.

It applies smooth like finger nail polish and easy to spread evenly with the included applicator brush. The other thermal paste I have used applies like a paste instead of a thick liquid like this. The only downside is you only get enough fluid for about five full applications.

I bought this Zalman ZM-STG1 Super Thermal Grease to use with a new Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 processor (CPU) and it worked extremely well.



I loved having the brush because I was able to apply the thermal grease easily and without mess and without getting it on my motherboard. My new CPU idles at 35C and runs no warmer than 50C when under full load (running several programs, watching videos, and playing games).



This was the perfect choice for me.

It is really good. I used it for my new T9600 on my Asus G51VX-RX05.

That was my first time that i've ever changed a CPU for a laptop and the brush of this item helped me a lot.

It does realy good in cooling down the CPU. I would recommended this item to others.

My laptops fans where on a lot, and so I used this thermal paste, and compared it to arctic silver. The fans took forever to come on to cool down the cpu, and thats cause it didn't heat up as fast. The laptop was running smoother, quieter, and better. When the fan did kick on for the cpu it wasn't as loud cause it wasn't working as hard.



With the arctic silver the fans turned on sooner, but where quiet still. Zalman is better, but more expensive for a little amount.



Also lasted me about 2 years. Even in below zero temps. I had the cleaning stuff for the thermal paste on the cpu, and that stuff froze, but zalman still worked. I was going to a customers house, and left the zalman in the car with the thermal compound remover cause I didn't know if I would need it or not.

This is the second time I've bought this product for my computer because its a solid performer and one of the best thermal grease applicator. This along with the Corsair H50 Hydro liquid cooler keeps my overclocked i7 860 (3.63) around 40-55 degrees Celsius. - Cpu Grease - Thermal Compound - Arctic Silver - Zalman'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information