Tuesday 25 January 2011

Wen Hair Care - hair care, conditioner


I am African American and my hair is Natural. It is very thick, full, very curly, and dry hair. It takes a lot of patience and devotion of time and energy to maintain my hair so I need something that will not dry my hair and scalp; will moisturize and maintain the necessary moisture balance; help detangle my very unruly hair; contain natural ingredients; minimize styling time; rejuvenate, restore, and revive my hair's condition; and lastly make my hair look as healthy as it is.



I first had my doubts and skepticism about this product due to the fact that over 75 percent of hair care products are not formulated for and created with African Americans in mind. I was just tired of buying all the breakthrough products that claim to moisturize, soften, and protect my hair; when in actuality they only damaged it. The most important fact that initiated my research of Chaz Dean's Wen is the absence of a detergent called Sodium Laurel Sulfate. I came to find all of the high-end shampoos that claimed to moisturize and restore health contained this ingredient. I then made a decision to try the Fig Cleansing Conditioner because I felt that I had nothing to loose considering all the money I had wasted on various other products.



The first time I used the product I was amazed. The scent was very natural and home-made-like. I wet my hair with hot water to rinse away any loose debris, dirt, and left-over product. I then squeezed most of the water out of my hair using my hands. Not a towel which can damage your hair if used harsly. I used about ten pumps for every section of my hair. Since my hair is thick and full I sectioned about five parts, making sure to apply it from roots to ends, completely covering it. I then put on a plastic cap/conditoning cap. While setting up my hood-style dryer to deep cleanse and condition it I could feel my scalp tingle, which felt very good. I sat under the dryer for approximately twenty minutes. I then went to rinse out the product. I used luke warm water and began using my fingertips to help rinse out the Wen. It took about three minutes to ensure my hair and scalp was clean. I wrapped a towel around my head and took it off after a few minutes. I immediately looked at my hair and it looked much healthier and my scalp was clean. Not to mention it smelled very good. My hair was very soft and moved very well. I put about ten pumps of the Wen in my hair as a leave-in-conditioner and heat protector. I then blow dryed my hair, which only took about fifteen minutes versus about thirty with other products. My hair was soft and healthy-looking without looking overdryed. My hair moved and bounced with only the Wen. It did not weight it down or make it to oily. My hair looks great and the styles last long. I can actually say that it brought out the best in my hair. The biggest aspect is that my hair looks faboulous without any chemicals i.e. perms or relaxers. The biggest difference is that Wen is inexpensive and works. Finally a product that can actually help African American hair. I will now throw away all of those products because they are no good for me and my now healthy and beautiful hair. The only recommedation I would give is to use a natural oil in conjuction with the cleansing conditioner; i.e Carol's Daughter line of Khoret Amen hair oil or Hair Elixir. You will love the results! WEN® Fig Cleansing Conditioner 16oz

I have tried all three "flavors" of Wen, and while the Fig Cleansing Conditioner is my favorite scent, this particular Tea Tree Cleansing conditioner is the best for my hair and scalp type. I have an oily scalp and coarse hair that is oily at the roots and dry at the ends. I used heavy duty clarifying shampoo everyday with the hopes of obliterating the oil problem. BIG MISTAKE! This made my scalp itchy and hair dry from root to end, and at the end of the day my scalp felt covered in nasty greasiness. Now I use Wen Tea Tree everyday and my scalp feels healthy and comfortable, not dry and irritated as when I used the harsh shampoo everyday. I didn't think this was possible, but my hair seems more balanced and perfectly moisturized both at the roots and ends and my scalp does not feel greasy at the end of the day. An added bonus is that my hair looks and feels healthier and than it has ever been. I even convinced my "product-phobic" fiance to use it just once and he continues to use it without further persuasion. I will tell you now that the product smells like tea tree oil, having a "medicinal" smell. At first I didn't like the smell of tea tree but now I find it relaxing. The weird thing, however, is that once my hair is dry, there is no lingering medicinal odor. I even smelled my fiance's hair, and at the very most his hair smells lightly of sandalwood or a light, woodsy smell. Definitely a great product. I wish more people would try it.

This product is terrific. I have tried all three "flavors" of Wen, and this one is my favorite. The very first time I used this stuff I noticed a difference in my hair. The cleasing conditioner feels great and creates a cool tingling sensation on my scalp...refreshing and soothing at the same time. I was suprised at how clean my hair feels without the lather of traditional shampoo. After blowdrying my hair was really soft and my usual frizz was gone. If you are thinking about trying Wen, I think you should go for it. Your hair will look and feel fantastic! - Cleansing Conditioner - Hair Care - Conditioner - Shampoo'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information