Tuesday 25 January 2011

Elementary School - activities, elementary school


My oldest son used the Summer Bridges books between kindergarten and 1st grade. Completing only one or two activities a day helped keep him sharp on new skills he had learned in kindergarten and prepared him for the next level. We enjoyed them so much we ordered 1st to 2nd grade for this summer and also for his younger brother pre-K to K. Also...we order all three available books for my oldest son..Math, Reading, and Activities. The pages are bright and interesting. All activities should take 10 minutes or less. They are simple review mapped out for moms and dads. Also in each book there are summer reading lists which are book titles appropriate for age and reading level. The children can then, after reading the book, score it according to how well they liked it. Excellent, excellent product. These books will be used in our home every summer!!! Summer Bridge Reading

This program is exactly what I was looking for. We call it "summer homework". It's just enough to remind my son what he learned all year and review it. We also purchased the Summer Bridge Math and the Summer Bridge Activities for Grades K-1. The pages are fun, bright, and colorful. I plan to use this program also for my younger son when it's time.

I love this workbook. I purchased two - one for each of my twin boys. Each page has activities that help them review what they've learned in the past year. I escpecially like the short stories with the comprension questions.

I actually ordered this book for my daughter for the summer and, after ordering the summer bridge activity book, noticed that it had some of the same stuff all in one. I didn't want to overwhelm her so I just kept the Summer Bridge activity book and returned this one.

This book is great for the kids to keep in mind what they learned during the school year and to keep it fresh in their heads. It also helps them get an idea or headstart on what they will be seeing in their following school year.I think every parent should look into these books.

I love the summer bridge books - but I loved that this was only reading. It really helped my daughter focus on her strengths and weaknesses in reading so that we could help to address these over the summer months. Nothing is too hard but it does help to keep the information fresh over the break. - Activities - Elementary School - Workbook - Math Workbook'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information