Tuesday 25 January 2011

Car Charger - car charger, kensington


I travel a bit, so I decided to purchase the Kensington PowerBolt MicroCar Charger for my IPad. Please note that this unit also works to charge your IPhone or IPod (even the IPhone 4).



The chord has a USB connection on one end and the Apple link on the other; the overall length is about 34 inches from tip to tip.



The adapter, fits completely flush into your lighter outlet (or lighter outlet extension)...this means there is nothing protruding from your lighter socket to get in your way or interfere with shifting gears etc. Once connected and my car ignition turned on, my IPad 'chirped' immediately and began to charge.



Conclusion:

An unobtrusive and compact car charger for your IPad. It worked perfectly. 5 Stars.



Ray Nicholson Kensington K39224US PowerBolt Micro Car Charger for iPad, iPhone and iPod, including iPhone 4

I'm not going to write some long drawn out review, but in all honesty this product does what it is suppose to do. If you want a charger that you can take in and out of the outlet all the time then this one is not the one for you. It is made to leave in the outlet most of the time and that is why it is made to fit nearly flush with the outlet.

Very sturdy, doesn't get in the way, light is just right and even works in American Airlines DC Jacks without any problem.

The cable is short but very rugged, perfect for charging in the center console. If you think It's too short, you can always use the original iPhone cable or get a USB extension...

When installed it looks like it came with the car. It really only sticks out of the adapter by a few mm. The red LED light is only noticeable if you're looking right at it.



The cable is rather heavy duty. It doesn't flex well and has a large connector on the iPhone/iPad end.



Been using it for several months and on a long road trip. Charges everything very fast.

This is the perfect iphone car charger. It is TINY! It almost becomes invisible plugged into your cigarette lighter/power port. What else is there to say? It works and looks great. Will never use a bigger charger after using this one!

I like the small form factor and it allows me to just leave it in the car all the time with the ashtray closed. The reason I knocked off one star is because of the USB cable. It's short and stiff and it won't fit into the Apple bumper, so I used a Dremel tool on low speed to shape the end of the casing to make it fit. You have to be careful not to get any of the plastic bits in the connector. Also, it dulls the plastic and makes it rough. I used an Emory board to smooth it, but since I plan on only using it in the car, I don't really care that it's not pristine and it doesn't look that bad. The product seems very sturdy.

My iPod was having battery issues so I bought this little sucker. I was a bit worried when I bought this because it didn't say anything about charging iPod Nanos on the box; but it charged my 5th gen quickly without any issues. The adapter is conveniently small but you need to apply some pressure to take it out, so be careful with that. Otherwise, great cheap little product (I bought it with a rebate).

I purchased the Kensington PowerBolt for a long car trip with the family to power both my iPad and iPhone 4 as they got low. For that purpose it works great, no complaints charging either device. My only gripes with the product lie in two places - the Cable and the size of the plug. The cable is a great length, but it is very thick/stiff (much more so that Apple's included cables). While this might add to durability, the stiffness ends up becoming an annoyance if you try to use your Apple device while charging. The other issue lies in the actual charger's size. If you plan to keep the charger in permanently, its great as it sits nearly flush with the outline of the cigarette lighter; however, if you plan to take the charger in and out, its a bit of a challenge if your fingers aren't too nimble. Both I and my parents had a difficult time removing the charger from the cigarette lighter on multiple occasions. We did eventually get it out each time, but its something to keep in mind - its diminutive size can be an issue. Overall though, the product works as expected and I am happy with my purchase.



Pros:

+ Charges quickly

+ Good build quality

+ Good price



Cons:

- Stiff charging/usb cable

- A bit TOO small (difficult to remove from lighter)

I bought this after reading the positive reviews. I'm not sure what happened with mine, but it doesn't work at all. It won't charge my iPhone 3G or my husband's iPhone 4. I tried it in my car and in his truck. We just got a lemon, I guess. - Car Charger - Kensington - Usb Car Charger - Iphone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


usb car charger Car Charger - car charger, kensington