Tuesday 25 January 2011

Flash Memory - sd card, memory card


I have not had issues with SanDisk in the past. However, I bought this card and it quit working after 6 months. I would have not minded if it had been replaced, but neither the seller or SanDisk would replace it(yet this listing is claiming a 5 year warranty). The seller would not replace because it was too long after their return period. SanDisk would not replace because their warranty applies to "Brand New in Factory Sealed Retail packaged products only". So I am not knocking SanDisk exactly, but the bulk cards. Great price, but if something messes up you're outta luck. SanDisk 2GB SD Memory Card (SDSDB-2048, Bulk Package)

We purchased this disk to use with our Nikon D50 digital camera. With high resolution pictures, we can fit 567 pictures on the disk. That's plenty to carry us through an entire vacation--or two. We have used the disk heavily for several months and clean it off several times a week and have had no problems with it yet.

I previously bought the same size, same brand at Office Max for about $35. That was for my digital camera. I had a 512mb one laying around that I was using for my Wii as a memory card, but when I saw this deal it was too good to pass up. These things are cheap, and if you ever feel that you'll need more (Like you're taking a lot of high resolution pictures on your "Sony Elph", or saving a lot of data on your Wii, or even downloading GPS maps on your Dell Axim PDA, having extra 2GB SanDisk memory cards is definitely a Boon.



A lot of technology uses these, and the price is extremely good.

This is a common thing I've found on the internet, especially on Ebay, but more and more on Amazon these days too. I selected several SD memory cards, placed them in my cart. When I went to check out, the total for the cards was about $70. The shipping was more than $85., and the tax was more than $12. The actual shipping charges would be less than $5. I don't know why these people do business this way. At best its dishonest, and at worse, its fraud. For me its a complete turn-off, and I won't do business with these kind of people. I just wish Amazon had a way for me to filter these merchants from my searches so I don't waste so much of my time. As this practice becomes more frequent on Amazon, I find myself using Amazon less. I can see a time in the near future where I'll only use Amazon for book purchases.

I placed an order for 3 of these SD cards, thinking they were are great deal at about $4 each. When I saw the shipping charge, though, I reconsidered. The SD cards came to $12.03, but shipping & handling was $18.97! Actual mailing costs has to be under $2 for these things, so the seller is luring people in with a low product cost and making a killing on the shipping.

Not much to say about this card. It's a leading brand. And the amount of storage is just great for the demands of today --- especially your camera. I use this in my Canon S3 so I know I have all the storage I need for stills and movies. I got two at a very handsome price here on Amazon.



Update: I used the card in my new Canon S3 and found it slow. It is not good with movies. So if you plan to take a lot of movies, you might want to check with your camera manufacturer to see what cards it accepts. I've bought a Sandisk Extreme 111, which is a super fast card. I hope I get better results with it.

I bought this card for $9.42 and had to pay $6.99 for shipping. I though maybe there's a reason, that the actual shipping price was high. Nope. It just came in a padded envelope and the postage in the corner said...58 CENTS! Now, come on. Where did my other $6.41 go? If they need it to make a profit, then they should just make the price that much more.



That being said, the card works great. No problems, but maybe you should buy it from a store rather than from Amazon.

I put three of these in my cart and the shipping was $18 !!! I live in the US so it was just standard shipping. This is a complete rip off when you think about it. The shipping on these cards is so inexpensive, seller is padding the shipping to make up for the cost. This price was put up to trick people into buying who may not notice the crazy shipping.



Do yourself a favor and buy any other cards than these. I will never support price gauging on shipping - its dirty and unfair.

The card is fine. I have others and they work great

BUT

I ordered two more SD cards and look at the shipping charges from the reseller.



Shipping Method: Standard

Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible

Subtotal of Items: $21.60

Shipping & Handling: $13.90

------

Total for this Order: $35.50



I have one-click ordering.

Be aware of shipping charges from resellers when comparing prices. - Sd Memory Card - Sd Card - Memory Card - Sandisk'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information