Tuesday 25 January 2011

Hdmi Splitter - splitter, hdmi


I just received this unit and am using it to split the single HDMI output from my Cable box to two TV's, one a newer Vizio LCD and the other an older 65" Mitsubishi rear projection with a DVI port. The connection to the Visio is via a 25' HDMI cable, while the connection to the Mitsubishi is via a 10' HDMI to DVI adapter cable.

Contrary to one of the other reviews, only one TV needs to be on at any time for the unit to work. Does a great job with no loss of picture or sound quality, even through the longer HDMI cable and the HDMI to DVI adapter cable. HDMI Splitter Amplifier 1 In to 2 Out Dual Display

We used it to split the signal coming out of the receiver to go to two TVs. One is a 56" Plasma and the other is a 19" LCD. I test it and did have one TV on at a time. BTW, I'm using a 45ft HDMI cable coming out of this splitter to a HDMI switchbox before reaching the 19" LCD. I'm also using another one of these units to split the signal from my Mediagate media server to the two TVs with no problem. I also tested it out by watching HD channels from the cable box and 1080p videos through my media center.

Easy, straightforward hookup. It works. But be aware that if you are hooking this up to 2 displays with 2 different resolutions, the lower of the 2 will display on both screens.



I wanted to hook my computer to the computer monitor and my 720p TV so I could watch movies via the internet on my home theater. Works great as far as the TV and movies go. But then the computer monitor defaulted to a 1280 x 720 resolution to match the TV - and it could not be adjusted back to the higher monitor resolution.

I just got my splitter in. I use it to split the signal from my PS3 to a 24 inch LCD Monitor and a 42 inch LCD TV and it works great. I use one 6 ft and one 11 ft HDMI cable and there is no noticeable degradation of signal. Price is great compared to similar products and the small size of the box means less clutter.

I have this device splitting the signal between a living room and bed room HDTV from a PS3 both signals are perfect at 1080p including the bedroom TV which is 20' from the splitter. The splitter works for both outputs simultaneously, "always on". Highly recommended.

I have 1 Sony Bravia HD TV in my bedroom. I have 1 LG HD TV in my living room. I have a PS 3 Sony PlayStation in my living room hooked up to my eithernet high speed internet modem. I wanted to use my PS 3 to broadcast Netflix streaming movies or Blue Ray movies and regular movies to the TV in my living room OR my bedroom.



After connecting the PS 3 HDMI output into the splitter (in) and connecting the splitter output 1 to the LG and the splitter 2 output to the Sony Bravia and the power supply to the splitter.



Now I can watch the movies via streaming or disc on my TV in the living room or shut the living room TV off and go to the bedroom, turn on that TV and continue to watch what was on the Living room TV. Or visaversa.



This is exactly what I wanted. Instead of unplugging the Sony output and plugging it back in for the TV I wanted to view. This device has performed without any problems after a month. I think this is a good device if you want to do what I have described above.



I also discovered I can watch the same thing simultaniously on both TV's at the same time. So if you are moving from one room to the other both TV's are broadcasting at the same time through the splitter. I see no diminished clarity performance on either HD TV in this mode. This was I plus I did not expect.



I hope this comment can help others to make their decision wisely.

I have a 40" LCD and a projector TV. I bought this because I wanted to run HDMI to both TV's from my Onkyo receiver but only to one at a time. I was hoping that I would be able to have one input and 2 outputs without needing to unplug one from the Onkyo and putting in the other. This item seemed perfect. I would be able to select which TV I wanted to watch at that time and bingo. Well, what I found was that both TV's NEED to be on in order for the box to work. Since there was nothing in the description that said that it would only work when both TV's were on, I gave it 3 stars.

This started out great, I was able to run a 15 ft and 35 ft HDMI cable out of my xbox 360 with good quality video. It works great with everything EXCEPT GAMES AND NETFLIX, which is unfortunately pretty much everything. I bought two of these and they both act exactly the same. On my bluray player it is the same issue, they work great to navigate menus but when I got to try and watch a video THE SCREEN GOES BLACK, AND DOES NOT WORK. Don't buy these. Spend more money. I'm looking for a better one right now.

Here's a trick to get this device to work without having both TV's on.

1) Connect both TV's to the HDMI Splitter

2) Connect the input source

3) Plug the device into a power outlet

4) Turn on both TV's

5) Unplug the HDMI splitter from the power

6) Wait a few seconds and plug it back in.

7) You should now be able to watch one TV without the other being on.



Try turning one off. The other should still be working. And then try turning that one off, and the other TV on. It should be working flawlessly.



This worked for me. If this doesn't work for you, try a variation of the above steps. It has to do with the TV or the switch recognizing the signals. I don't know, but this is how I got mine to work.



Whenever there are power surges or outages, I have to re-do the above. I'm buying a UPS for this thing (and for my DVR). - Splitter - Hdmi Switcher - Hdmi Switch - Hdmi'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information