Tuesday 25 January 2011

Oven Heat Resistant Gloves - oven mitts, gloves


Perhaps the previous reviewer bought an off-brand of these gloves; there are several imitations out there, and his purchase wasn't "Amazon Verified".



You know that worrisome feeling you have when you quickly move a pot or dish from the oven? Gone. These gloves provide you the use of your fingers, so you have far FAR better control over hot items, without rushing. I've removed salmon from under the broiler (at 500 degrees) without feeling even a warming sensation, something that I'd always felt, even with expensive silicone mitts. I can hold pots removed from the oven (at around 400) pretty much as long as I could want, and am able to take them straight to the table without pausing at the counter to remove (and reset) my grip. The one tiny drawback is that you can't immediately slip them on; they take about 10 seconds to put on versus the few seconds it takes to put on big mitts. I really hope the manufacturer makes pot holders in the same style and fabric in the future.

I bought these because my wife burnt the oven mitt. So far I love it.

I use the oven a lot for broiling and cooking. These gloves definitely protect your hands and the wrist. I was able to hold on to an iron skillet at 450 degrees for about 10 seconds before it started to get uncomfortable. Grasping cookie sheets and pizza stones...etc are a breeze. Very convenient to have the use of all your fingers. They have silicone pads/patches on the outside for extra grip and more insulation. A word of warning though, those silicone pads get really hot on the surface so be very careful not to touch them immediately after handling something very hot. That's my only gripe. It's a little weird to actually wear gloves as opposed to an oven mitt but you stop caring once you see how convenient they are.

Absolutely would by them again. A pair for $25 I think is a fair enough price. Remember that these gloves don't make you invincible so use them with common sense.

. . .don't get out of the kitchen - get a pair of these oven gloves!



I needed to replace my circa 2002 set of 'Ove' Glove Hot Surface Handler, 1 Glove because I could no longer tolerate how OVER-SIZED they were. I used them and liked the concept, but the sloppy, enormous fit made it a challenge to handle hot items, which pretty much defeats the whole purpose. The fabric was also slippery, so I also wanted to upgrade to the newer version with the silicone grips. I tried on a pair of Ove Glove Set of 2 at the store, but they were still enormous on my average-size female hands.



Reading through the oven glove options on Amazon, not only was this brand a real value at the 2-for price, but the reviews seem to indicate they might be a bit smaller and fit my hand better, and indeed they do. The benefits of fingered oven gloves have doubled for me now that I have a pair that really fit, and the addition of silicone provides an amazingly secure grip as a bonus. I've used mine a dozen or more times now and conducted my own heat tolerance test. Taking a baking sheet from a 400° oven, I held it for 20 seconds with no burning sensation at all. I suspect I could have gone another 20 seconds or more, but that was good enough for me. I am extremely satisfied with these oven gloves.

This is the first time someone has designed an oven glove that is long enough to save burning the wrist area when reaching into the oven to remove a casserole. I took a chance, but I am glad I did as I have not had a burn since I purchased them. I have sensitive skin so the burns I had were serious, now no burns. I would recommend them to anyone that does a lot of cooking and baking to prevent burns.

I highly reommend. For Thanksgiving I cooked a turkey that had to be turned over in a 425 degree oven. I pulled the bird out and grab it with a glove on each hand. No problem at all. I couldn't feel heat and the bird didn't slip. Of course the gloves got dirty but they go in the washer and dryer. They are great for flexibility as well as protection.

I'm a size 7.5 in women's gloves. These gloves really didn't fit.



They measure 5" across the palm and each finger (including the thumb) is 3" long. From the tip of the middle finger to the base of the hand is 8", and there's an additional 3" cuff past the base of the hand. Since the material is pretty bulky, I'm guessing they would be most comfortable for someone with a glove size of 9 to 11 and relatively wide palms.



There were a few minor defects in the weave, but the fit is the bigger problem for me.



And there is no sign of a butterfly embellishment, so I guess that was a complaint made about a different model.

I have wanted these for quite some time. It is a wonderful product. I have large hands and a regular "pot holder" is not big enough and I always seem to scorch my thumb taking things out of the oven. This glove is GREAT! I got 2 of them so I can grab the oven rack and pull it out or push it in, and I can grab a roasting pan and turn it with one hand, while basting with the other and both hands stay cool. When baking BREAD i can just turn over the pan with one hand and grab the loaf with the other hand with no problems. It takes a LONG time of holding something to even BEGIN to feel any heat. I HIGHLY advise that you get this. GET 3...2 for YOU and 1 extra for someone is helping you in the kitchen. These are the BEST! - Cooking - Oven Mitts - Potholders - Oven Mitt - Gloves - Ove Glove'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information