Thursday 30 June 2011

Toro Electric Leaf Blower - electric lawn mower, extension cords


The description for this extension cord says it's 13Amp. It's not. It's 10amp. Coleman's cords of 0-50 feet are 13Amps, and 50-100 feet are 10Amps. This is a problem if you wanted to use the cord to run something like a leafblower, as I did. Coleman Cable 02308 16/3 Vinyl Outdoor Extension Cord, Orange, 50-Feet

I suggest you think about the purpose of the cord before you purchase! I was simply buying this for the garage to use with my drill/sander/screwdriver/dremmel workbench stuff, and quickly realized I could have saved money and gotten the 50 or 25 ft. i gave it a 4, because the description doesn't say much about what the product is best used for, length and gauge(thickness) wise.



The 100ft cord would be perfect for outdoor electric garden tools: light lawnmower/weedwacker/leaf blower, but mine are gas and i won't be switching until they die in the years to come... also remember the 16 gauge wire is on the lighter end of the "heavy-dutyness scale" if you know what i mean. if you plan to power fat tools like compressors, tablesaws, or generators, investing in 12 or 10 gauge wire is definitely worth it.



amazon's current best selling 12 gauge wire: Coleman Cable 02589 12/3 100-Foot Vinyl Outdoor Extension Cord, Yellow



amazon's current best selling 10 gauge wire:Woods 2991 Yellow Jacket 50-Foot 10/3 SJTW Yellow Power Cord with T-Blade Plug 20 Amp/125 Volt Rated with PowerLite Plug

The description states that this is a 13amp cord - but it is only 10amp!! It says so on the product packaging, as well as the manufacturer's item description page (item 02309, 100ft 16/3):

[...].



BE VERY CAREFUL when plugging into heavy electrical devices!

I got 15, and 50 foot versions of these cables, and I think they are great, price can't be beat! Some reviews say that it's a 10amp cable, but that's only if you got the 100 foot, so buy 2 50-foot cables, at current prices it's cheaper anyway. All the others are 13amp as advertised. Don't hesitate to buy these. They are all UL Listed and work just like any other extension cable.



Update: Note that these cords fade pretty quick in the sunlight. I put them out with my Christmas lights, and after just a month on the lawn, I can tell them apart from my other cables, because now they are yellowish on the sunny side instead of orange. They still work fine though.

It's odd that this is my first official review on Amazon.com, when I've purchased so much (really, so so so very much) from Amazon over the years. So when I was invited to review this extension cord, I figured why not. The reviews are what I've come to value the most from Amazon.com.



I'm very pleased with my Coleman Outdoor Extension Cable. I've purchased a couple, and use them outside in my backyard to connect lights, outdoor appliances, and the like. I have no complaints. The cord has been working perfectly all summer without incident, and can take a beating too! I have 3 dogs, one of whom is a Dalmatian, and these cords still look brand new. A great buy. - Electric Lawn Mower - Electric Blower - Electric Leaf Blower - Extension Cords'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information