Thursday 30 June 2011

Audio Technica - headphones, audio technica


If you are looking for noise-canceling headphones for an MP3 player that deliver excellent sound reproduction at an affordable price, this product should be on your short list for consideration. I have owned noise-canceling headphones by Sony and Altec Lansing, as well as in-ear buds (which by their nature have a noise canceling effect) by Audio Technica and Etymotic Research, costing $200 and more. The earbuds were uncomfortable, difficult to insert and remove, and produced insufficient low-end sound and an uncomfortably sharp high-end. The noise-canceling headphones by Sony (MDR-NC6's - on ear) and Altec Lansing (over the ear) failed to produce acceptable sound in my opinion. Either they suffered from overall low fidelity (Sony MDR's), or mushy bass and poor sound separation (Altec Lansing). The Altec Lansing's were also too large to store and use easily during air travel (I fly a lot and economy of space is a major consideration). I've also owned the lower end Bose (on ear) headphones, but unfortunately found that they lived up to their snarky reputation among audiophiles (artificial sounding, way over-bassed, and a poor value for the money).



So these Audio Technica Quiet Point headphones, newly released this January, have been an extremely pleasant surprise. The sound reproduction is the best I have come across for portable music players. The overall sound is natural and full, without the juiced-up quality that some headphones substitute for real fidelity and which can quickly produce "ear-fatigue." Sound separation is excellent; bottom end sound is full and remarkably clean and sharp. The phones fit comfortably and securely, and can be worn for hours without ear-fatigue. They also reduce outside noise, whether from an airliner or a crowded coffee-shop, as well as any of the other players I've listened to.



These headphones are also well-designed. Whether you are a frequent air traveler or simply like to have your music player in your day pack for listening in a cafe or while shopping, the lightweight (1 pound) but sturdy construction, and a fold-up feature that makes the 'phones easy to store and also protects them from damage, are big plusses.



These headphones can't substitute for the fidelity of good full-size audiophile headphones for the home, but in my experience that is true with all headphones and earbuds designed for portable music players. Overall, they do a better job than any other product in this category that I have heard, and at about $100 the price can't be beat.



Highly recommended. Audio Technica ATH-ANC1 QuietPoint Active Noise-Cancelling On-Ear Headphones

I was looking for comfortable headphones that I could wear at the office with my iPhone. I bought these after hearing on the "This Week in Tech" podcast how much they liked the Audio Technica brand headphones. The ANC1 just came out in January so I had to buy them sight unseen with no reviews but I'm glad I did. I have not used noise cancelling headphones before and while I'm a techy person and appreciate good sound, I am not an audiophile so take that into account when reading this review. I am very pleased with the sound and the design. They are light enough that you don't really notice them and the noise cancelling is very cool and works like a charm. Just flip the noise cancelling switch with no music playing and you hear a big difference if there is noise, AC, talking, etc. With music, it just sounds great and while it doesn't eliminate all sound (which is probably a good thing), it does make a difference.



I got them a couple of weeks ago and I've also used them at the gym on the treadmill and eliptical machine. They worked great there too.



They come with a little pouch that they fit into when you fold the headphones. Since they are light and foldable, I don't think they are super tough but they don't feel flimsy. I like how they are designed.



Overall I am very pleased and would recommend them highly. If $100 is not too much for you, buy them if you want something functional, lightweight, works great with iphone 3GS, noise cancelling and sounds awesome.

I had been looking for a pair of noise-cancelling headphones for quite a while, as I travel often, and get tired of all of the ambient(loud) noise on planes and trains. The criteria I used to look for the right pair was small, lightwight, comfortable, good music reproduction, quality brand, and under $150. That appeared to be a tough bill to fill, until I came across these ATH-ANC1's from Audio Technica. I have tried other brands including Bose, and found cons with each pair I tried. After now using these headphones for well over a month in multiple environments, I can say that these headphones offer very little downside for a business traveler. I have worn them in coffee shops, hotel rooms, trains, and airplanes. They offer good noise cancellation of ambient sounds (voices, and distinct/non-repetitive sounds are not blocked out). They are comfortable to wear, as I have had them on for four straight hours with no fatigue. For noise cancelling headphones, they are small when folded, and come with a real nice carrying case that will also accomodate your Ipod. The music reproduction is very good, however do not expect reference quality. Finally, the price is fantastic, as I was lucky enough to even pick them up on a lightning deal - however I would have no problem paying the regular price. Overall, I would say that these are a great pair of noise-cancelling headphones for the frequent traveler. - Audio - Headphones - Audio Technica - Noise Canceling'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information