Thursday 30 June 2011

Best Waffle Maker - waffle, waffle iron


I've had this waffle maker for several years and it makes THE BEST waffles! They are crispy on the outside and melt in your mouth moist on the inside. It also is great for people who don't have a lot of space in their kitchen. It stands upright for storage. Also, what makes this waffle maker rate above others is the fact that it is VERY easy to clean! Other waffle irons can be hard to clean because the batter will ooze out and into little hard to reach spots and then you have to wait for it to cool and try to wipe it out somehow. I've owned other waffle makers before that did this. There's still dried out, old batter from places that were impossible to clean out! The Proctor Silex one does not have this problem. I practically don't even have to clean it! After I'm done, I'll wipe it gently with a paper towel, and that's about it! This combined with the fact that the Proctor Silex waffle maker also makes better waffles than other brands makes this the best one on the market.



Well, we wanted waffles and that's what we got with this waffle maker. It works as advertised. Nothing fancy here. Plug it in, make the batter and by the time your done mixing the batter, the ready light is off and you pour your first waffle. Takes about 4 minutes per waffle and they come out moist on the inside and crispy on the outisde. And they dont stick. I don't use any spray or butter on the non-stick surfaces. So, we are happy with our waffles.



UPDATE 11/8/09: It's been eight years and this waffle maker is still going strong. We use it about once a week and it has never failed to delight us with great waffles. And it's easy to clean too.

This is a great basic waffle iron. It does have an indicator light to tell you when it's ready for the batter. I've seen other irons with timers or lights to indicate when the waffles are done, but I've used this one dozens of times and never burned a waffle yet. The non stick surface is easy to clean and the waffles turn out perfect, crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. I actually use this much more than I thought I would...the kids love them!

I bought this exact waffle maker more than 10 years ago, and it's still working! We use it about 2-3 times a week, and it has cooked well over 4,000 waffles. This is a big statement to quality, in my opinion, in a world where almost all products are manufactured to break just after their warranty ends. My model doesn't have any fancy bells and whistles -- just a light to indicate when it's heating, no settings other than "on" and "off" via plugged in or not, and crispness level is achieved by how much time you leave the waffle in the maker. But, given how these bells and whistles like to break on other gadgets, simplicity is sometimes better. If you want a good, simple waffle maker, this one is great.



My only complaint in all the time I've used it is the white part (the main body) gets hot when in use. I've actually used the closed waffle iron to melt chocolate wafers in a small glass dish set on top the iron (see how it's abused, poor thing!). It's never been hot enough to cause a burn, though. If I put my hand on it, it's hot, I take my hand off, end of story. I've never considered it to be a safety issue even with children. By virtue of proximity, the blue handle sometimes gets a bit warm as well, though not as warm as the white part. I've not had experience with other waffle makers, but it would make sense to me that the body of the iron gets hot, so I hesitate to even call this a flaw.



The only reason I'm even on Amazon looking for a new iron right now is because this one is just about worn out. There's a small crack in the back (my fault for dropping it, but yes, it has still worked for many years after that accident), and the spring connecting the two halves popped out from its channel in the hinge (again, probably due to dropping it on my part). Plus, after so many years the iron has lost its non-stick properties, and there's gummy residue in places where I can't reach it from so much use. But, all in all, these are minor issues -- for a waffle iron that's been through 10 years of very hard work in our family, it's unbelievable how it's held up. Even after I replace it, I'll keep this one in my cupboard, because I just can't part with it.

This waffle maker was purchased to replace a bigger, more expensive model & brand. It costs much less than the "other" model and is by far the better appliance to own & use. It is soooo much easier to clean with no nooks & crannies for batter to get into; the owners manual contains more detailed information for the novice waffle maker and it makes PERFECT waffles each and every time. There's even a well surrounding the waffle iron griddle to catch any over-spillage so the unit remains clean even when over-filled. The only advantage to the more expensive model was that it pre-heated to cooking temperature a little bit faster, but truth be told, there is still dried batter in areas of the expensive model that simply cannot be reached for removal. We used the expensive model twice before buying this replacement and have used it almost daily since it arrived and it's still CLEAN! There are tons of waffle recipes online so breakfast is never boring. Just goes to show that more expensive isn't ALWAYS better! - Waffle Maker - Waffle Iron - Waffle Irons - Waffle - Belgian Waffle - Belgian'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information