Thursday 30 June 2011

Priva Waterproof Pad - incontinence, priva waterproof pad


This high-quality waterproof pad is made the same way as those that are used in hospitals only it - the Priva pad, is twice the size. I purchased two of these pads for my 86 year old mother who has a bladder control problem and alzheimers. We also have a safety rail on one side of her full-sized bed because she lays entirely on that one side and would fall of were it not there. The other side of her bed is against a wall as is her headboard. She can really, REALLY wet herself through the night if she doesn't wake up to go on her commode. (Or she calls someone to help her.) I position the pad lengthwise down the bed so she lays on the entire pad. It is wonderfull, it greatly protects the sheets and bed from wetness. I would give it more stars if I could!!! It does shift just ever so slightly but not more than an inch and is very comfortable to lay on. (I asked her this when she was in a good frame of mind so I know it to be true.) I give these Super-Plus bed pads from Priva my highest reccomendation and will purchase two more.

This pad is nice and big. It is very, very waterproof. I purchased this pad because we got a new puppy. The puppy pads that you buy are expensive and even the large size ones are not that big. Even if a dog uses them chances are great that it will run off on the carpet. My puppy learned to go on these thru the night by my placing a puppy pad in the center, eventually eliminating the puppy pad and just using the matress pad. (She is now trained and doesn't use them) When she would wet on them it would never, ever leak thru to the carpet. If you are buying this pad for a bed rest assured that if it didn't leak thru to the carpet it will not leak thru to a mattress. These are very thick with a great waterproof lining on the bottom. I bought 2 of them and they have been washed over and over. They have yet to show any wear. I would recommend them to anyone trying to keep anything dry. I know I will find other uses for them and will never get rid of them for fear of never finding them again!!!

The priva waterproof protector is really what it says it is. I purchased 3 different bed protectors for bathing a patient in bed and this one is by far the best of the 3. It is worth the money. It is long, from the head to almost 3/4 of the twin size hospital bed, and holds the most water of the 3 protectors I purchased. I highly recommend it.

My 3.5 yr old daughter has graduated to big-girl underwear and to a big-girl bed but like all good little toddlers every once in a while she has an ooops! and it's a real pain to change sheets and full size underpad at 3:30 with a wet screaming kid standing next to you.



I looked around and saw the very expensive radio controlled pads that alert you in your bed when your child has wet her bed.....save the money, I can 100% assure you that if your kids wets their bed, you will 100% know about it within 10 to 15 minutes (there will be wimpering, wailing, screaming, or you'll get a visit to your bedside demanding the problem be fixed).



I decided against the disposable pads Champion Blue Disposable Underpads (Chux), Large Size 23 x 36, Pk/25 because they weren't big enough and my toddler tosses around like a fish out of water and wanted something with more substance, that would be more durable, and that would feel more like a sleeping material vs a paper pad.



I decided against a digital device like Wet Call Bed-Side Bed wetting Alarm with Pad because it's too expensive, too small, and just has an alarm (My 3year old is a great alarm, trust me!)



So I saved the money and bought 2 of these pads for half what it would cost me to buy some digital pad that is difficult to wash.



PROS TO THIS

- 34 x 52 makes them big (they fit perfectly across my daughter's full size bed)

- 34 x 52 makes them also fit lenghtwise perfectly on a twin size bed

- bleachable (now that's smart - given the use for these)

- machine washable and machine dryable

- soft cotton feel to the pad, you can tell that you can wash these multiple times

- nice storage bag with metal button latches



CONS

- none that I can see

This is really great to use for my husband,who has alzheimers. Large enough so that it doesn't bunch up under him when he is tossing and turning through the night . Affortable price for us seniors on pensions.

After numerous others this product takes the "cake"! It actually stays put (on a twin & king) with out the need for the available "tuck-in" versions. It's waterproof & washes & dries easily. I FINALLY don't have to change my son's sheets or ours (he always ends up in our bed at some point)! I'm extremely happy with this purchase! Get 2, one to wash-one to "wear".

These sheets protectors, while half again more expensive than a similar product at Walmart, are many times more effective. Larger, much more absorbent, heavier duty backing that holds up better to repeated laundering. If you need a sheet protector, these are definitely the way to go. - Incontinence - Priva Waterproof Pad - Waterproof Underpad - Waterproof Bed Pad'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information