Thursday 30 June 2011

Notebook Power Adapters


I bought a HP adapter for my computer from this company and after five months of using it the adapter died and no longer works. I contacted the company and they told me that their policy is that I only have 14 days to return the item. What a load of crap!!!! Their product is a piece of junk and I would not recommend them to anyone. It is worth the extra money to pay to get a quality adaptor from Best Buys. Buyer beware they sell junk!!!!!!!!! Brand New Made By HP 18.5V 3.5A 65W AC Adapter For HP Pavilion DV4300/DV4400/DV5000/DV6000/DV8000/DV9000/ZE4000/ZE4900/ZT3000/ZT3100/ZT3200/ZT3300

I bought this one when I discovered my original adapter developed a loose contact. Although the new one is working properly, the wires that came with it look substandard and the outer cover of wire connecting the power outlet to the adapter broke off(without any kind of wrong handling) revealing the wires inside. The adapter is doing its job and has all labels and marking(such as FCC, hp logo) as an original one but the wires make me skeptical about its genuineness.

Broke within three weeks despite mild handling - the black plastic must be cheap, because it cracked, but what really killed it was...apparently if the cord bends, the wires will short and refuse to work unless you wiggle them -just right-

But really this is my bad. I mean, how stupid am I to imagine the cord on a laptop adapter could withstand the awful rigor of mild bending?



Awful product, avoid like the plague - unless, of course, you plan on never ever bending the cord, touching, breathing, or using it on days that end in Y.

I bought this charger after my original decided to take a crap on me. I bought this at the very beginning of March and it has completely died on me. It was plugged in and one day my laptop died because the charger would not charge it. Since then before ordering yet, another charger I have used a friends charger and so I know its not my laptop. I wouldn't recommend this charger unless you want to replace it ever couple months.

This AC Adapter for my HP DV8000 matches perfectly compared to the AC Adapter I purchased last year and it was half the price. The one I got last year did not plug securely into my laptop. It fit but would fall out if I moved it around.

This HP power cord arrived sooner than expected and was well packaged. It works exactly as it is supposed to work. Unfortunately this is my 4th power cord; the previous ones were chewed by my puppy. Of course this is not a fault of the manufacturing of the cord! Now my puppy does not chew on cords since she's been through puppy school, and with proper care this cord should outlast my computer. Thank you Amazon and thank you Hewlett Packard for providing excellent services and products!

Note: Compare this great price to ~4x the price for the same cord at a large electronic retail store!

Adapter works just fine, in fact, rather cooler than the original equipment. The price, including 2-day delivery, was half of what HP wanted for the adapter alone. Delivery was good. I'd cheerfully do business with these folks again!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Notebook Power Adapters Notebook Power Adapters Notebook Power Adapters