Thursday 30 June 2011

Tomtom Accessories - protective case, tomtom case


This fits the TomTomXLS perfectly. And if you want to just charge it in the car with it in the case, just put it in upside down and don't zip it. It doesn't add weight, which is great since I always put my TomTom in my purse whenever I leave the car. I do worry that the "string" connecting the wrist strap to the case my break since it seems very thin, so I don't use the strap. TomTom One XL Carrying Case and Strap for 330, 330s, 340 and 340s (Black)

I ordered this from Amazon for my new TomTom XL340S. As with others, I found that I could not fit the GPS in the case with the EasyPort mount attached. This is no big deal to me, as I just leave the EasyPort mount in the glove box with the beanbag dashboard mount and carry the GPS in the case.



However, when browsing through Target the other day, I came across a case with the same name, but it's different. That case is deeper, and zips open across the top. It's made for the ones with the EasyPort mount.



So if you have an XL GPS with an EasyPort mount and want a case that fits the GPS with the mount attached, look for the TomTom case that zips across the top and is deeper. I can't find it here at Amazon.



But if you don't care about keeping the EasyPort attached while in the case, this case will work just fine. Fits the GPS perfectly, with nice padding to protect it.

I was not happy with the carrying case. I returned the carrying case for my TomTom One XL-S. Too tight of a fit. Had to take the back off the GPS system to fit in case. I purchased a "camera" bag which allows me to put the whole GPS system (GPS and holder) in the bag without having to take it apart each time I remove it from the car!

For all owners of the tomtom xl 330-s, if you are looking for a case that fits the GPS unit and suction cup while it is still on the GPS unit, you need to get the tomtom case that zips over the top, not the side.

I am very pleased that I purchased this case for my TomTom XL 340-S. Not only does it fit like a glove, it is very ridged, sturdy, and made of quality materials. The zipper is strong and easy to pull...actually "glides" open and closed. The inside is extremely soft and protective. A great buy to protect a great GPS. - Gps Case - Tomtom Case - Case - Protective Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information