Friday 18 March 2011

Strapless Bra - bra, lingerie


You can spend more on a strapless--but you don't need to. I'm so glad I bought this bra because I can finally wear skinny strap tank tops and all of those other cute summer shirts without worrying about my bra. It has a great minimizing effect and is fairly comfortable. I bought a band size smaller than I usually do, and it's a perfect fit. "MARILYN" Go2 Bra by Lipo in a Box Strapless Nude 36D

I've never been able to wear halter dresses or anything strapless because I'm a 34DD. Finally I can. The silicone strips and thick band really help to lift the girls and keep them put. I would recommend this product to any woman frustrated by having to wear thick sleeves to hide her bra!

To be completely honest, I really had planned to NOT post a review about my undergarments but then I decided to suck it up and post a review to help other ladies in my predicament. I mean, I relied on reviews to buy it so it was only fair to give back, right??



For starters, I purchased this bra in size 36C back in June of 2010. It had been EONS since I had owned a strapless bra. Like pre-nursing, pre-baby, pre-pregnancy type of eons ago. I'm now 39 and well, after 2 pregnancies and nursing 2 babies, the girls are now middle aged women. I immediately washed it when I received it but unfortunately was horribly disappointed when I tried it on because it didn't look like I had hoped it would. So into my lingerie drawer this Marilyn Go2 Bra went and slept for about 9 months and was forgotten about until I came across this adorable dress that I fell in love with but struggled with my bra straps. I had an AHA! Moment when I thought that I'd give Marilyn one last try before I gave her up to Goodwill. LUCKY for Marilyn, I decided to try the bra on in a different way. For you ladies who have nursed your babies and are familiar with having 'middle aged women' vs 'girls' like we did when we were younger, I HIGHLY suggest trying it on this way:



I secured the hooks in the back like I normally would but then I BENT OVER like at a 90 degree angle and repositioned the 'ladies' as I was bent over vs adjusting them while standing straight up and VIOLA!!! It was like they had a new facelift!! I loved it, they loved it, we were one big happy family!



Pros about this bra:

Granted, I've now only worn it TWICE and will update to let you know if the grippy gel like slip resistance 'stuff' still works after wearing it over the summer but as of now, this is the BEST strapless bra that I have had so far (I'm talking even better than my perky girlie days) that has NOT slipped AT ALL. The ladies are secure and snug and literally stayed in the same exact position that I put them in.



YES - although the bra has (2? 3?) layers, it is UNLINED...so there is no foamy cushion or padding to create cleavage if that's what you are looking for, adding an extra cupsize OR even preventing well, nippleage if there is a chill in the air. There IS an underwire and as of now, I DO believe that this helps tremendously in helping to give them a lift (the wire in combination with the gel like 'grip' substance INSIDE the edges of the bra that prevent it from slipping).



The ONLY downside that I can tell so far (besides being somewhat of a thin fabric in the nipple area) is that the WIRES go all the way up the edges where the armpits are.

***Keep in mind that I MAY have a wrong size for me but for the 2 times that I wore this, that dang wire has KILLED the area under my arms. I didn't notice it at first but as the day wore on, my ARMS were actually getting sore in that area that it was rubbing against. It bugged me but I loved the bra so much I ignored my arms whining about them being irritated. By the 2nd day that I wore it, I was well aware what was causing the irritation and I when I woke up the next morning - even after removing the bra overnight, I felt like I had slight burns under my arms where they rubbed while they swung while walking or rested against my body.



I DO however like how the ladies look SO MUCH in them and LOVE having a strapless bra that I don't have to readjust or pull up that I'm going to order a different color in the next size up and see if that makes a difference. If it does, I'll change my review to stress the importance of ordering the correct size to avoid your arms being poked and prodded. If the next size rubs my arms wrong, then I'll update my review and will note at the top that I have downgraded my star rating on this item to a 2 or 3 depending on how bad it is. I mean, it's all great that it doesn't fall down or move but I mean, I can't be in pain while wearing it now can I?? IF I can just get the wires not to poke my arms while wearing it, I think this would be good summer bra. I would never wear it in the winter due to the fabric being so thin. I'm onto a search for a thicker / padded strapless bra that stays up and is comfortable so if anyone knows of any, please share!!

I have a very hard time buying bras and especially strapless bras. I wear a size 36DD bra and a size 5 in pansts. So it is extremely hard finding a bra that fits. I usually get my bras from Lane Bryant and Victoria Secret, but I needed a good strapless bra. I ordered this bra in a 34DDD because I wanted a tighter band and didn't want to take chances on having to send the bra back because it wouldn't fit. Trust me for every woman that is a size D or above this is the strapless bra for you. I put the bra on convinced it wouldn't work but it did. I jumped up and down and bent over and my girls didn't move at all. Don't worry about this bra sliding down either. Everything stays in place. This is the best strapless bra ever.

I love this bra! I am sooooo happy that I paid attention to the reviews. This bra does exactly as everyone says...I am a 36dd and I hate, hate, hate strapless bras...I have spent hundreds of dollars on them and they all sucked! Until...I received the Marilyn Underology bra!! I wish I could return every useless strapless I own and buy as many of these bras with the return money...I love this bra that much. I can wear this bra with or without a strapless top...it holds me firmly in place and has good support.If you have a large breast cup..this bra is definitely for youl. - Lingerie - Underwire Bra - Bra - Bras'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Strapless Bra - bra, lingerie lingerie Strapless Bra - bra, lingerie