Friday 18 March 2011

Very Good Product - a  great safe shredder, paper shredder


I bought it because it's really space efficient. But being space efficient, the bin that collects all the shredded pieces needs to be empty after a few sheets because the pieces tend to stay on one side. Although on picture the machine looks modern and quite sturdy, it's actually made of cheap plastic. The worst problem this one has is the shredded pieces. Even though it says on the machine that it can shred a maximum of 6 pages into cross cut pieces, if you put in more than one paper, it will come out in strip cut form. I read several reviews on other shredders and people mentioned the overheat problem on some shredders, I think this one is alright. Last end of the year I needed to shred quite a lot of papers and I fed them one by one into this machine for 2-3 min, it still went on without making weird noises. But I guess the small capacity of the bin has to be taken into account as well.



So far, I only experienced one paper jam and that's because I didn't empty the bin when it's quite full and the pieces were pulled back into the blade. So if you only need to do several papers each month like I do, then I guess this one isn't that bad. And plus it really doesn't take up a lot of spaces, so you can store it in between desks like I do and forget about it until the next time you need it. However, if you are looking for a light duty shredder that does cut cross cut, I wouldn't recommend this. Black & Decker 6-Sheet Crosscut Shredder (CC601)

I previously owned the Aurora AS890C 8-Sheet shredder. A little over the year, this shredder came apart for no reason. As if it was design at a very low mcbf. Anyways, I had to purchase a new one. I like the style of the Black & Decker nevertheless it doesn't seem to have the same shredding power as the Aurora. Still function and it is a 6-sheet but still I was expecting it to be a bit more powerful. Don't get me wrong, this will shred your papers but its probably recommended that you do 4 pages at a time. Nevertheless, I like.

I have used this product several times since I have purchased it to shred mail, receipts, etc. I have not had any issues with it. To make sure it works, you have to have the side drawer pushed in ALL the way or it just will not turn on. Other wise, it seems to work fine. Not incredibly quiet or strong but for the price, it's what I expected.

This shredder broke the day it arrived, I admit, I had a backlog of shredding to do, but the product broke after about ten minutes of use. The reverse function did not work, so backing paper out was not an option, leaving the shredder unplugged overnight didn't help either. Bottom line is this shredder breaks if you ever shred more than a few pages over a short span of time.

This is my second Black & Decker crosscut shredder. It is very convenient because it is slim and can fit anywhere while not in use. The motor can overheat and fail (my first one failed for that reason). For this second one, I am running it no more than 5 to 8 minutes at a time, and letting it rest for a couple of hours, or overnight (if I have many documents to shred). The use of shredder oil has helped also. - A  great Safe Shredder - Very Good Product - Paper Shredder - Cross Cut Shredder'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information