Friday 18 March 2011

Internet Postage - ink jet labels, avery


Ace brand 200 Half Sheet Laser/Ink Jet Shipping Labels



These labels are the same size as Avery® 5126 labels.



Here's a comparison between the Ace and Avery brands:



- Whiteness. Avery labels are much whiter.



- Thickness. Avery labels are thicker and as a result, there is less "bleed-through". I.e., that's when you can see printing or graphics that were on the thing the label is on, through the label. Although there is more bleed-through with Ace, they are good enough for shipping labels.



- Feeding through a printer. We've not had problems with either brand with our ancient HP Laser Jet 4, and my wife has printed hundreds of labels (eBay sales).



- Front vs. back. Avery prints a pattern on the peel-off back, so it's easy to tell which side is which. With the Ace labels, the texture and color is so close from front to back, it's not obvious which is which. The trick is to slightly bend a full label sheet just a little each way to find the side with a split seam; which is the label side. The other side is the peel-off backing and has no seam.



- Peeling the label off its wax-paper backing. Avery is easier, but it's not difficult with the Ace brand.



- Printing quality. Both brands of labels print uniformly with the lettering coming out clear, bold and solid.



- Sticking. Both brands of labels are sufficiently sticky to adhere well to packaging material, whether it be paper, tyvek, or poly.



- Recycled materials. Ace labels use recycled materials. Avery does not.



- Cost. The first time we bought the Ace brand, they were 1/4 the cost of the Avery labels. Their price has gone up a bit since then, but they still cost a lot less than Avery 5126 labels.



Summary:



Avery 5126 labels are better quality, but the Ace brand is more than good enough for shipping labels. If you want the best labels, buy Avery. If you want the best value, buy Ace.



Three stars for the quality of Ace labels; an extra star for value. White All-Purpose Labels, 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, 200/Box

You do NOT want to place these labels over existing labels or markings on your package or envelope. They WILL show through! Not as easy as Avery to peel off the backing. Good value by virtue of the number of labels you receive for the price.

I bought these labels because I think labels are a commodity...and they are. These labels worked just fine and I couldn't even tell the difference. I use these labels for USPS Click-N-Ship and Paypal why should I pay a lot more for labels when I send them away to other people anyways. The lowest I saw was for $12 and they have free shipping through Amazon.

It's hard to tell which brands are good and which aren't when it comes to third party brands. I bought a similar pack of 1000 recycled shipping labels and they were poor quality.



These, however, are very nice! Very good sticking power, and they feel nice and thick like paper should. Not thin and easily rip-able. I'm hoping that all of the future labels are as nice in quality.

These labels are great, especially when compared to the super cheap ones I purchased a year ago. After that experience I was a little leary to take the dive again, but since everything has gone up in price I could pass up the economical price of these labels. One key thing I learned to guarantee you are getting what is described and a quality product buy from a Fullfilled-by-Amazon (FBA) seller. This does two things: 1) it guarantees your purchase under Amazon policies, and 2) if you have an issue you deal directly with Amazon for returns. I purchased my labels through The Success Store, and recieved great quality white labels in a box, not a stack of labels wrapped in plastic wrap. They are sticky, the stay on my packages, and most importantly print well in both a laser and ink jet printer.



For first time buyers, be aware these are not like the Avery labels where you peel them out of their nice pre-cut shell and they fit nicely on your package. These are full page labels that may or may not require some trimming. This is not a deal breaker for me as I'd rather have the bulk labels at a bulk rate price. Besides as one reviewer noted, your buyers are buying your product not the pretty label you put on the package. Ultimately these labels work and work well. Will be buying more soon!

I purchased these for book shipments and they don't stick very well to my Kraft Bubble Mailers. I have to put a strip of tape over the label because I'm nervous that they won't make it in the mail to the destination. I also find that they are quite thin and because the peel off backing is white, I sometimes load them upside down in my printer.

I've been using these for a while for USPS, UPS, and FedEx... They've done the trick so far. At work I have an Inkjet printer in my office, at home an HP monochrome laser...



They stick fine to the packaging, however, once you peel up a corner they're very easy to remove (without tearing)... so that may say something about the quality of the adhesive, but I've had no problems.



In regards to the thickness and transparency... I re-use boxes and frequently place the label over an old one and have never noticed the lack of opacity or had to double-up... Or if I have, it was not enough to be concerned and remember.

After spending a fortune and a ton of time taping down printed USPS mailing labels, this was an awesome and inexpensive solution. Yes, the paper is somewhat thin, but I have not had one problem with it. I have put it over writing, and have had no problem with things showing through, but nothing too extensively marked up to give an opinion on that. Very easy to peel, has not jammed my printer once, I even put it back through the printer when I have used and removed one of the labels. Such an inexpensive and perfectly efficient alternative. - Mailing Labels - Ink Jet Labels - Postal - Avery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Internet Postage - ink jet labels, avery avery Internet Postage - ink jet labels, avery