Friday 18 March 2011

Copper Tea Kettle - teakettle, revere


This Tea Kettle is the best!, My Mother had a copper bottom Revere Kettle, and this is my second one.

Heats water quickly, and has a traditional "whistle" when water is ready. Classic style, every kitchen should have one!



They are also indestructible - and the stainless steel/copper construction conducts heat and is very healthy - no worries as with aluminum.


I wanted a good-looking teakettle that would meet my needs without breaking the bank and this one has the features I wanted. Like many other cooks, I used RevereWare and an earlier version of this teakettle many years ago, but switched to All-Clad stainless steel because things didn't burn so much. These thin copper bottoms heat fast, but you have to be careful. When I needed a new teakettle, I was floored at the price of many now available and disliked various features as well. Some needed a potholder to lift them when hot, some didn't whistle, some were so small they didn't seem practical and some had a separate whistler that you'd have to take off and could get lost.



I just wanted a nice looking simple inexpensive kettle that heated fast, whistled and let me easily pour the contents. I was delighted that I could still find this kettle and have been very happy with it. It sits on my stove top all the time filled with water and is used as often to add cold water to soups, etc., as for boiling water. This little kettle is easy to keep looking clean and shiny and has served me well for three years so far. I have had no problems with it. I don't leave it unattended when I'm heating water because it heats up so quickly so it has never burned dry or whistled for ages, so I can't say if that causes any problems. For my needs, it's been ideal.


This style kettle and this company have been around forever! I presented my mother with this same style kettle (style has not varied much over time) about 30 years ago and it has been in constant use ever since. After my mothers passing this Kettle now belongs to me and I use it every day in her honor. I have never had a smell of any sort from the water that is boiled in this kettle and it is perfect every time. I clean it from time to time with just a little simple green sprayed on top and a paper towel. A small amount of vinegar and water will clean the inside. The copper bottom is aging well also and is now a beautiful patina. I put the kettle in the dishwasher about once every three years or so to clean the bottom. The kettle shows no real signs of age and still shines like the day it was bought. The design goes with any style decor, my mother had a very traditional style and my house is mid-century modern and the kettle goes great. I can not recommend this kettle enough and will continue to keep giving them as gifts.


Copper Tea Kettle (Copper) (9"H x 8"W x 8"D)


This Copper Tea Kettle is a must have for any tea lover! Made of steel with a copper finished body, this teapot combines classic and contemporary styles, a functional and stylish choice for any home. Features include a 3 quart capacity and whistling spout with cover. Weighs approximately 3 pounds. Assembly level/degree of difficulty: No Assembly Required.


I purchased this item as a gift for my mother who is re-decorating her kitchen with copper hardware, pot rack etc. She absolutely loved it! It looks like a high end piece but didnt cost nearly as much as similar copper items. I was worried that it might spot or tarnish as other reviews suggested, but my mom said she would appreciate the "patina" more. Again, for your money, you can't beat this kettle.


Copper Tea Kettle (Copper) (9"H x 8"W x 8"D)


it is built solidly but after 2-3 uses it developed spots on the surface which do not come off. I guess it adds character. overall a decent product though - Revere - Whisling Kettle - Cookware - Teakettle'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information