Friday 18 March 2011

Extension Cord Outlet Travel - travel, road warrior


This is one compact and useful power strip. I bought this power strip based on all the positive reviews I read on this site. I bought it for carrying it on my India trip. I am currently using the power strip for charging my laptop (100-240 V adapter). I'm using it with the Belkin F8E449 Universal AC Travel Adapter in India (with 220 Volt outlets). The blue light faded after a few days, but I wouldn't care less, because otherwise it seems to work very well. It has 4 outlets that are spaced wide apart even to accommodate bulky adapters. It also has a built-in circuit-breaker with a reset button. It does not have an ON/OFF switch but I didn't need one for my kind of use. The build quality is excellent, and the cord is heavy duty. It is light and the foot long cord wraps around and fits nicely into any laptop bag. I would strongly recommend this for all travelers (domestic or international). Monster MP OTG400 BK Outlets To Go 4 Outlet Travel Power Strip (Black)

It's 6" long with a 12" power cord that wraps around the length of the outside and plugs into one of the four outlets for travel. Sturdy and compact, small enough to fit easily in any kind of bag. It was perfect for our trip to France where we needed multiple outlets on one adapter to charge batteries for our cameras.

I am a road warrior and this little outlet is invaluable for my travels and enables me to quickly power up in hotel rooms without enough outlets. I have a PC, Blackberry, iPod and always need juice. Also, a KEY benefit if for international travelers--this allows you to charge up to four US devices off of one adapter! My colleagues are jealous of me. Fits easily in to my satchel. Buy one today!

The OTG400 was intelligently designed by someone who knows that battery charging bricks need more space around each plug. The short power cord keeps packing space minimal. The only problem is that the plug is grounded and most plug adaptors designed for abroad are made to fit on two prong plugs. So either find plug adaptors for grounded plugs or just run to Radio Shack and buy a grounded to two prong adaptor.



But don't let this small inconvenience stop you from buying this product, you'll use it everytime you travel.

I travel overseas a lot for my job. This little power strip is compact and enables you to keep ONE adapter on the end of it to plug into the funky wall plug and then use your "normal" plugs for operating four devices. Most Monster products are terribly overpriced and not worth the money (wires, cables, etc.) but this gizmo rocks!

I picked this up to use on a Mediterranean cruise since the outlets in cruise ship cabins are scarce and usually located right at the edge of a vanity. It worked great for charging 2 digital camera batteries which wouldn't fit in the normal outlet at the same time. It's small, rugged and light so it's easy to pack.

I bought this power strip for my study abroad in the UK a month ago. It won't convert voltage, but it works very well when you plug in US plugs that have adapters that allow UK voltages (240V).



My current set up: an international power adapter into the UK plug -> Monster power strip into adapter -> laptop, external hard drives, phone charger, USB charger into power strip. All the electronics that are plugged into the power strip have voltage adapters that can take power input between 100 to 240 V AC.



So far, after a month of use, I have not had any problems. I will post an update to this review only if I do encounter problems in the future.

One of the best travel accessories I have ever purchased. I live in Sweden and use the outlet on a daily basis. I plug all my 220 friendly items (computers, cameras) into it and it works perfectly. Buy this adaptor with it:All in One Universal Travel Power Adapter for US, UK, EU, AU

This surge protector does what it is supposed to and is very portable. The build quality is great; unlike other units it doesn't come unplugged easily. it also has a nice blue light indicating it is on.



There are only 2 drawbacks; it doesn't have an on/off switch and doesn't have covers for the unused sockets. Other than those minor issues it has preformed great in the UK with 3 different adapters! - Travel Power Strip - Extension Cord Outlet Travel - Road Warrior - Travel'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information