Saturday 19 March 2011

Ipod Speakers - portable speaker, mp3 speakers


I've happily ended the long search for a pocketable speaker system for my mp3 player. The iLuv iSp100 is perfect for this use - compact, fairly inexpensive, self-contained with its own micro plug. Runs on 3 AAA batteries so you don't drain your mp3 player. The speakers come with a drawstring pouch and are just the right size for pack or pocket.



The sound? First I tried Glenn Gould playing the Goldberg Variations, and found a nice range of sound - solid midrange and definitely not tinny at the high end. For contrast, I played a couple of rocking numbers by George Thorogood. Jacked to nearly full volume, the speakers produced an ample high-quality sound that belied their size and price.



Highly Recommended! I'm going to tell everyone I know about these amazing little speakers. iLuv iSP100BLK Mini Portable Speaker for MP3 Players and iPod (Black)

I have bought 5 other mini speakers, hoping there was good sound in a small package. From $4 to $24, every one of them was all treble with little midrange and NO bass. When I got this iLuv, I was expecting yet another tweeter-type speaker, but was AMAZED how much bass was coming out of this little unit. I grabbed some pocket radios with 2' speakers for comparison... NOT EVEN CLOSE! I'm sure there are some larger portable speakers that 'may' have more bass, but if you want small AND bass.... check out one of these. Almost NO distortion either!!! Rechargeable batteries work fine too!!! You won't be sorry.

I read a lot of reviews before selecting these little speakers and even though people wrote how great the sound was for their size, I was still skeptical. Well, the sound is just as good as described. It's clear and not tinny at all. My one complaint is that it's far too easy to accidentally turn the speakers on. The little 'on' bar sticks out so it can get pushed in with very little pressure. If the switch went back and forth as opposed to in and out as this one does, it would be much better. Overall, if you're looking for small size and quality sound, these are fantastic.

Bought this speaker based on reviews from Amazon. I wanted soemthing compact that I could travel with and listen to my iPod in bed without the earphones digging in my ears. I purchased this back in November and LOVED it. Simple, sleak, decent enough sound for something small and I definitely intended to travel with it. Put it in a drawer by my nightstand and when I pulled it out again last night to use it, found that the on/off switch was broken. The contact has somehow gone bad and it will not stay on --press the button and it immediately goes off again. It's not the batteries and I definitely didn't abuse it! Quality control definitely NOT working on this one. Now I have to see if either Amazon or the manufacturer will replace it. What a hassle.

I love this product, works great and the sound is amazing. Just becareful cause sometime when it is in your carry on or purse the on button gets hit and then you might find yourself with some dead batteries. But love it none the less.

Goods: Convenient to carry, decent sound volume (*although not as good as you may see in other reviews), built in volume control and good sound dispersion, good cable management design *They look good too.

Bads: Bass not much better than some other portable speaker systems (even cheaper ones) like iSymphony iPod W-Speaker and not even close to my old Logitech mm22 Portable Speakers for iPod - Portable speakerswhich are the best sounding portable speakers i own.



Sound Volume is good but not the best. Tested and compared to both speakers above and a couple other older sets I have (Hi-Tex portable speakers and some RadioShack clamshell like portable speakers i can't find online anymore) they all sound louder. Sound didn't show distortion even at the highest volume. I must say the other tested speakers are not as easy to carry as the iLuv though.

Tested all of them with a Sansa e280 mp3 player and while the iLuv speakers provided a little bit more bass than the iSymphony, the high frequency was noticeably less clear and crisp, even while leaning the iLuv so the speakers faced directly to me.

Now, this would be my wishlist for future models: 1. Option to use AC power or at least USB power. 2. an improved power switch (its location and sensitiveness can cause accidentally draining battery power, specially with the soft carry bag.) 2. improve sound clarity.

I would recommend these speakers to anyone who wants decent sound but the main issue is portability. If you can handle a slightly bigger package I would suggest the iSymphony with a slightly better overall sound and power adapter. If the main concern is Sound Quality, go for a model with twin speakers like the Logitech mm22 or others. BTW, if you want bass, might be interested in these: X-Mini II Capsule Speaker(which have a rechargeable battery too) or the Altec Lansing iM-237 Orbit Ultraportable Speaker for MP3 Players (Silver)



UPDATE AFTER A FEW WEEKS:

I'm really getting frustrated after wasting 4 sets of batteries because of the placement/design of the power button. I am now using an old car stereo case to carry the speakers trying to prevent accidental power switch toggle, but it adds bulk. Will probably switch back to my old Logitech speakers... - Mp3 Speakers - Ipod Speakers - Bass - Portable Speaker'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


mp3 speakers Ipod Speakers - portable speaker, mp3 speakers