Friday 18 March 2011

Kindle 2 Protection - kindle, belkin


Does what it's supposed to do and looks fine too. With the Kindle 2 being so sexily slim, I didn't want to stick it semi-permanently into a book-cover type case that would more than double its bulk while it's in use. ("Does this case make my Kindle look fat?") And neither did I want to pay $40 or $100 (!!!??!?) for the Patagonia or Cole Haan sleeve case. So I went with the Belkin and I'm happy with it. The soft neoprene plus a layer of leather should give my Kindle all the protection it needs. Belkin Neoprene Kindle Case (Fits 6" Display, 2nd Generation Kindle)

Though it is exactly what it claims to be (though it really does smell like the other reviews claim), I've compared this to the more expensive patagonia and like the patagonia much better, even for the price. I thought I would use the Kindle naked, but the patagonia offers me the flexibility to use it both ways and after nearly dropping the kindle when someone bumped into me at the airport, i decided that the extra protection while I'm reading is worth the price.

I wanted a padded neoprene sleeve for my Kindle, and this one looked pretty sharp and was from a trusted company, and the price was right, so I ordered it. I didn't want the Amazon cover because it attaches to the kindle, and I like holding and using my electronics without any bulky additional add-ons.



I gotta say, it easily surpassed my expectations. The build quality is perfect. The design is excellent. Two zippers allow you to slide the Kindle out for use quickly and easily. The faux leather sort of reminds me of a journal cover, which is cool.



The padding is excellent. They have even run a strip of neoprene on either side of the zipper on the inside so when you zip it shut, the Kindle itself is padded against the zipper closure, thus providing full coverage padding even if it's dropped on edge.



All in all, a nice Kindle case, although I have nothing to compare it against, but if you want a simple protective sleeve to carry your Kindle around in, you'll be satisfied with this.

I was hoping my Kindle 2 would fit into the cover that came with my original Kindle (now being referred to everywhere as "the Kindle 1"), but the K2 is just a tad taller, so it's an awkward fit. However, I did learn while using the K1 that I needed to remove it from the cover to use it comfortably. Because the K1 had a rubber backing, it sat on my raised knee when I crossed my legs without slipping (a good reading distance for me). The K2 has a shiny metalic backing and requires that you hold it securely if you don't want to see your $359 investment go toboganning to the floor. This cover is little more than a padded envelope with a zipper closure across the top and one side and is adequate for protecting your Kindle when you place it inside your backpack or purse. What I like about it is that the rubber (?) padding on both sides makes it possible to use it as a support in your lap while reading. Slippage problem solved!

Nice padding, sturdy zippers, this case (not a cover) provides great protection *all around* in a bag or purse.



Please note: it does NOT accommodate the kindle with the cover on (it's too small) as some have asked.

This is a great case, for a great price. It has everything I need to keep my Kindle secure. I didn't want a book jacket-type case that doesn't clasp closed. I wanted something to hold it securely, something that zips, ensuring there will be no chance for it to fall out, or come loose. This is just the case for the job! Soft material, not to too big and clunky...a great choice that I'm very pleased with and absolutely recommend!

I just got this, the Kindle fits snugly and properly protects it. This is a good deal at the price. There are others at twice and three times the price I have no idea what they could offer that would justify the difference

This case has all the right parts except a good zipper. The size is right, the padding is right but the zipper leaves much to be desired. The zipper size is too small--the zipper teeth that is, and because the kindle fits snugly in the case there is a small amount of strain on the zipper. Unfortunately, the teeth separate when you try to zip the case closed so that you end up with gaps where the teeth didn't engage, or simply a failed zipper. Unless the zipper is replaced with a higher quality zipper, or the case is slightly larger so there's no strain on the current zipper I cannot recommend this case!

The Belkin sleeve does what its supposed to do, which is protect my Kindle 2. Nothing fancy about it. I wasnt a fan of the original Kindle's case so I opted for something that it just slides in and out of. - Kindle - Belkin - Kindle 2 Case - Kindle 2 Protection'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


belkin Kindle 2 Protection - kindle, belkin