Sunday 14 November 2010

Usb Ports - micro, bluetooth


The Good

-"Just works"

-Linux compatible

-Very small size



The Bad

-Connector & plastic part protrude from USB port ~1/2"

-Terrible signal - max 50% with cell phone hovering just over device (file transfers do work)

-Few feet of range gives me 10-30% signal, most file transfers initiate but fail Cirago Bluetooth BTA3210 v2.1 EDR Class 2 Micro Bluetooth Adapter

I own a Treo 680, along side with my Samsung stereo bluetooth headphones. I have always wanted to use my headphones with my computer and laptop. This adapter here made it possible! It came with a driver disk providing you with all you're tasks. Along with that, I am now able to sync my Treo with my computer and laptop with no hassle of trying to locate my chord.



there is a downfall... Originally I purchased this adapter for it's size, I like the fact of how compact and low profile it is. But it makes it a little hard trying to disconnect it. I have to rock it either back and forth or up and down to get it out, just because it's a little hard to get a grip on it that's all.



Overall, a must buy if you're bluetoothed.

So far.... I didn't know I might be able to make my Axim sync with it, but I'm gonna try that for sure!



I've used it successfully with iomega stereo headsets and an iomega bluetooth headphone/mic thing. Pairs up easily!



It is tiny, tho, so it's probably not something you want to try to carry around and plug & unplug. However, it also doesn't stick out, so you could conceivably leave it in all the time without problems.

This USB Bluetooth adapater is hand downs a great product. No problems with it, gets great range for it's intended for, supports A2DP, AVRDP, etc.. The blue, blinking led light can be annoying but you can just move it or put some black electrical tape for it, no biggie.



Bottom line, great product.

I bought this bluetooth receiver for my computer (Windows 7 64 bit HP) and was pleasantly surprised that after plugging the thing in, windows automatically installed the required drivers and within 3 min, it was good to go.



I use this with the Motorola S305, and I get the full 30 foot range, through drywalls no less, without any problems. However, one issue I have about every other time I use this product is that sometimes it doesn't connect well, and then I have to remove the headset from the device list and let it repair. Slightly annoying, but since I don't use it that often, it's not a big deal for me. I think this is more a software issue than anything else, so this product is great otherwise.



A note to the size of this thing: it is about as small as you would think, but it sticks out more than the picture would imply, because part of the metal sticks out along with the plastic. Just fyi.



Also, the light is annoying, but only if the room is very dark. Easy fix with some electrical tape or w/e.

Working well with Dell Inspiron 15 running Vista 64-bit Service Pack 2.

Had no problem with bluetooth mouse and PDA more than 10 feet away.

Able to do filetransfer with PDA at 650+K bits/sec. Should be able to go faster if not for my slow PDA.



Vista had builtin usb bluetooth adapter driver. Will plug and play easily without additional driver. I think the supplied Toshiba driver/software are better than Vista's. The Toshiba driver/software have more control, transfer software, and 25+% faster throughput. However, beware Toshiba's software/driver doesn't have same UI/setup as Vista's.



Chipset is manufactured by Cambridge Silicon Radio which I regarded as the best.



Bluetooth is not as matured as WIFI. Besure to setup software/driver carefully.

It works fine, it's nice and small and isn't annoying to have in the laptop at all times. However, I ignored the blue light complaints. As soon as I plugged this in I started laughing at myself because of how intrusive this light is. My USB port is on the side of my computer and this light is constantly blinking! It is driving me nuts and I just took it out of the box, but I can deal with it, I think... Maybe I'll open it up and disconnect the LED.

This little adapter works pretty well. I was able to use it on my Lenovo Think Pad (R61) with a little bit of effort. The adapter comes with the drivers you will need to sync it up with your device. I had a little trouble with it on my Palm Centrino for Hot Syncing it. I use it mostly for my Moto S9 blue tooth head phones. I really could not get this adapter to work with both though. You have to use the "Toshiba" drivers it came with to stream the audio to my headphones and I have to disable the "Toshiba" driver and use the windows drivers to use the HotSync function with my Palm. Anyway.... It works and I like it. Just need to find a better program to stream the audio.



Pro:

- Small

- Tight Fit (wont fall out)

- Great Range



Con:

- Drivers - Micro - Usb - Bluetooth Dongle - Bluetooth'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information