Sunday 14 November 2010

Macbook Pro 13 - macbook pro, accessories


I expected a more clear, transparent keyboard cover. its very frosty and doesn't exactly fit the keys all that well. i thought they were going to fall deeper and surround the individual keys better? and when i type, i have to type extra hard to make sure i don't make typos. also, the places where i type most, the cover sticks to the black keys so that it looks like oil residue when it's really not... that's annoying too. i can tell the quality is super cheap just by comparing it with my other friends who have bought the same thing from other places. oh well, that's what i get for trying to go cheapo on my first mac. =( Silicone Keyboard Skin for New MacBook Pro

Well, it fits OKAY...takes a while and several washings in cold water to get it to mold around the keys. The letters are barely visible through this skin (I don't have the lighted keyboard). The somewhat thick silicone traps heat inside the Mac and when I decided to take the skin off to type without it after a few weeks, it left a gooey smeary residue on the keys....had to use rubbing alcohol to take it off! (Not good) I am going 'skinless' now....this is a cheap product, both in price and in quality. Better to spend $20 on the Moshi with your $1500 MacBook than to skimp on this one.

This product -- basically, a fitted silicone sheet -- does the job of keeping dust and pet hair out of my keyboard. The molded surface fits my keyboard perfectly. I like the gauge and feel of the material. It is somewhat opaque, with a matte finish, but does not detract much from the backlit keyboard. I think it goes better with the aluminum Mac than a shinier material. It is washable and feels sturdy.

This product just came in the mail today. All I can say is that it is NOT very well constructed at all. I gave it an hour or so of constant use and finally ended up removing it from my keyboard. It is very difficult to see through the silicone unless you are in near complete darkness, and it seems as though the case leaves an oily residue on the keys. When pressing a key, it is likely that another neighboring key will also be pressed as well. I would NOT recommend this product.

I was going to write my own review, however a fellow Amazon reviewer wrote this and I couldn't agree more. and I quote the reviewer, Joyce H. Kim:



"I expected a more clear, transparent keyboard cover. its very frosty and doesn't exactly fit the keys all that well. i thought they were going to fall deeper and surround the individual keys better? and when i type, i have to type extra hard to make sure i don't make typos. also, the places where i type most, the cover sticks to the black keys so that it looks like oil residue when it's really not... that's annoying too. "

I thought this product would be great for my macbook pro and it seemed to be working fine for 6 months. It fit correctly and I barely noticed that it was there. When I removed it to clean, I noticed that it had left some sort of a slick residue on every single key. This residue will not come off and you can't really clean the keys too thoroughly because, well, they are keys on a macbook. After trying to clean one, it actually rubbed off a layer of the actual key! Beware: do not use this product unless you don't plan on ever removing it from your macbook. It will actually DAMAGE your keyboard!!

i'm very pleased with the cover, no more dust or cat hairs will fall between my keys, the clear silicone still lets you see the lighted keyboard. the texture feels a bit rubbery but you get used to the sensation. the color isn't exactly clear, it's more like a frosted clear. love it and wish i'd gotten one for my older macs.

As the title sounds, this is a great product that fits my Mac Book 13.3 inch key board nicely!



The only thing that Mac Book 13.3 inch user might want to consider is, after covering your key board with this cover, the sound/music that is transfer through (the speaker allocated within the keyboard) will be covered too! So I do not put on the cover when I am playing music through my Mac.



Everyone who has the intention to get a cover to protect your Mac keyboard should make this your choice! =)

This keypad cover is terrible in every aspect. It does not mold around the keys properly, making it difficult ... no, annoying ... to type. It's too thick to type through, and don't dare close your macbook cover with it on because it will leave marks on your screen. It's cloudy, it smudges, and nullifies everything good about the macbook keyboard.



Definitely go with something else because this is unusable. - Accessories - Macbook Pro 13 Inch - Keyboard Cover - Macbook Pro'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information