Sunday 14 November 2010

Recording Equipment - dj equipment, music gadgets


Since this was the cheapest laptop stand on amazon and it looked sturdy i had to give it a try. I dj at events and the worst thing a dj wants is his laptop falling from a cheap stand. I thought I would at least give it a try since amazons return policy is pretty good. i got it and couldn't believe the quality of the metal. THIS IS A GOOD LAPTOP STAND. I put my laptop on the stand shook it a lil to make sure my laptop wouldn't fall off. It wasn't moving. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because it doesn't fold up or anything. I do not expect it to for the price. So if you don't mind throwing it in your backseat of your car when you go to events then this laptop stand is perfect for the outdoor dj. On Stage LPT5000 Laptop Computer Stand

I purchased this to put into my DJ rig and it doesn't work very well for DJs. I would recommend this for someone that wants to elevate their laptop on a flat desk, but for DJs you should buy the Odyssey version.



The first major problem is that along the bottom edge is has a side piece of metal that prevents it from "slipping" the stand under a mixer or any other flat surface. The odyssey is mostly flat which allows you to slide this under the turntable, cd player, or mixer.



the second thing that is really scary is that the front of the stand that prevents the laptop from falling off is too short. Specifically using a macbook (that has a rounded front edge) can easly slide off the front. The length of the laptop surface is fine, its just the front edge that prevents the laptop from sliding down isn't high enough to prevent my macbook from working

I got this laptop stand after seeing the cheap price and reading all great reviews on it. I must say that for the price, the quality of the build definitely exceeds your expectations. I'm not worried about this stand getting wobbly at gigs or my laptop falling off. And no it doesn't collapse, but for this price, it's a solid basic DJ stand.



Something to beware of: the design of this stand is not great for elevating a laptop over the middle of two turntable flight cases positioned in battle position with a 2-channel mixer hanging in between, a common setup for scratch DJs. The reason is, although the stand is high enough, the L-shaped lower supports have too small of an angle, so it brings your laptop significantly forward and doesn't provide enough vertical clearance over your turntables. What I mean is (and try to use your imagination here), instead of an "L" shape at the bottom, it looks more like a compressed L. This works great if you don't have big flight cases getting in the way, because it brings your laptop closer to you for easier access. However, with tt cases placed in battle, the laptop extends directly over the turntables and hits the left cartridge, and is so low it barely clears the decks. This wouldn't be so much of a problem if you have a wider 4-channel mixer or use CDJs, but narrow scratching setups pose a problem.



After fiddling with the stand for a good 10 minutes, I ultimately had to flip it upside down and use a wrench to manually bend new "lips" on what were the feet of the stand, to prevent my laptop from sliding off. Now, I use it upside down! It actually works perfectly now because I have plenty of clearance over my decks, and the bottom side also has a non-slip surface. But if you have a setup similar to mine and don't like to do manual labor, this is something to watch out for.



For everybody else who needs a cheap but durable stand, I would definitely recommend this.

This works so well with my laptop that has a large 12v batteryHP EV089AA 12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery for HP Pavilion DV6000 DV2000. I put the stand together with the fins outward. i bought it to use DJing but I use it all the time.

Fairly sturdy, holds my Macbook Pro good. I was concerned about the angle at the bottom which is not flat, but after using this for one of my DJ gigs it worked fine placed under my coffin. The tables were at a slight angle, but as far scratching goes, I don't think it affected it much if at all. Maybe I'll get out the dremel and shave some of it off. For under $20 you can't go wrong if you're a DJ on a budget.

This stand works perfect. its very steady and it can be adjusted to many variable hights. The second time I used it, i lost the two little rubber that helps hold the laptop better. I recomend to glue them, because other wise you will notice your laptop coming off the stand. Not a big deal, but you don't want your 15 pound laptop falling on top of your mixer at a party.

I bought this laptop stand for home use. I needed something to lift my MacBook Pro off my desk to provide airflow around it, and make some more room on my desk. It works great for that purpose.

I was a bit concerned when I opened the package to assemble the stand because the crossbars appear to be plastic. It comes with a warning that overtightening will strip them. I didn't have any problems, but if you are looking for something professional grade, I'm not sure this is it.

Other than that, I don't really have any complaints. I saw someone mentioned that the front lip was too small for their MBP, but mine sits firmly in place. It looks like they may have updated the design to add a larger rubber cover over the lip.

This was the cheapest stand on amazon and i decided to buy it. It is VERY sturdy and works perfect with my 15.6in laptop sitting on top. The build is great, has adjustable heights, grips on the bottom for gripping the desk and on top for holding onto your laptop or whatever you put on top. If you are looking for a cheap laptop stand i highly recommend this stand! - Accessories - Music Gadgets - Dj Laptop Stand - Dj Equipment'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Recording Equipment - dj equipment, music gadgets dj laptop stand Recording Equipment - dj equipment, music gadgets