Sunday 14 November 2010

Highly Recommended - laptop accessories, notebook cooler


This laptop cooler does a great job and the fan is VERY quiet.



This laptop fan blows air up onto the bottom of the laptop to keep it cool. While the fan doesn't blow a huge amount of air from the laptop cooler, it does blow out enough air to keep the laptop's temps lower than without it.



We used HWMonitor (a free program you can find on the web) to monitor the laptop temps. We notice a 7c to 9c temp drop of the CPU and a 6c temp drop of the hard drive.



Well worth the money.

[...]. Cooler Master Notepal X2 Notebook Cooler R9-NBC-4WAK-GP

Unbelievable difference in temp!

My older HP was getting very hot to the touch on the top and bottom of the processor, my internal fan was running all the time, not any more.

My laptop stays on all day, I am an artist and have several programs running at the same time. I use a larger battery so I was concerned about the ergonomic design (elevation), its very comfortable, fits my 15" laptop just perfect.

The plastic seems very durable, and I appreciate the aluminium screen(grate)for its great air flow, the fan does blow up onto the bottom of the laptop. No sliding problem with the rubber feet on the bottom of my laptop.

Really quiet fan, even when I keep it on high.

I would highly recommend this product.

I have an HP dv6-1253cl and play a lot of CoD games. When gaming, the laptop used to heat up as high as 77 C which made it difficult to use. This notebook cooling pad has taken around 14 degrees off that temperature which makes things a lot better.



I think HP did not make a great design, temperature wise, but my Cooler Master Notepal X2 makes up for it.



Bottom line: great design, works as it should even though it's a little noisy, and has a very comfortable elevation.



I will highly recommend this cooler to anyone with a laptop heating problem.

I have a 17" HP DV7 series laptop. The fan blows very hot air and spots on the bottom of the laptop get hot. After reading all of the laptop cooler reviews I could find and speaking with IT professionals, I purchased the Cooler Master X2. (IT professionals have a good opinion of Cooler Master products).



The X2 has a single, large variable speed fan. With the X2 on its slowest speed my laptop fan blows warm (not hot) air and the bottom is cool. At the highest speed my laptop blows cool air. The surface of the X2 is metal mesh with lots of holes that also help to cool a laptop. Bottom line, the X2 works well at any speed.



The fan is not silent. You can hear it at slow speed but it isn't objectionable. It is louder at high speed but not so much that it is a bother. I expected some noise from the large fan. I run it about mid speed, which is as quiet as slow speed. Being centrally located it blows air into all of the intake vents on my laptop.



The X2 is angled and has two settings. It took some time to get used to the angle but it is comfortable. If you have typed on an angled laptop before the X2 should be fine for you.



The X2 is advertised to support a laptop up to 17". My 17" laptop has small bottom feet that barely fit on the X2. It does fit, however, and the X2 holds my laptop firmly.



If you have a 17" laptop measure the spacing between the feet and the dimensions of the cooler and make sure they match. Also make sure the air intake ports on your laptop are not blocked by the cooler, that the fan(s) blow air where your intake ports are, and that the laptop fan vent is not blocked. The X2 is designed so that these probably will not be a problem.



I highly recommend the X2. It took care of my heat problem, holds my laptop securely and comfortably, and is well built.

Great product.



Pros:

Ergonomical feel, great for people using a laptop on their lap as it is more comfortable compared to other fans.

Can also be used on a desk with a stable sturdy feel.

Doesn't waste a PC USB plug as it has another USB port behind the plug that goes into the PC, nice!

Great price.

Will definately make your laptop last longer, as laptops with hot noisy fevers are bad :(.



Cons:

The adjustable fan speed is a joke, I don't know why they bothered with this feature.

The bright blue light that comes on is weird from a practical standpoint(they want people to think blue light means ice is being applied to your hot laptop)?

Only 1 non-movable fan (though it is large and seems to do the job well).



*I also bought a "2x Cooler Master Notepal U2 Notebook Cooler with Two Fans R9-NBC-8PBK-GP" which is good for its movable fans (if your laptop gets hot in a weird spot), though the U2 is not that comfortable or practical for using on your lap. But probably better for permanent docking on your desk.



Hope this helps. - Laptop Accessories - Laptop Cooling Pad - Chill Pad - Notebook Cooler'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information