Sunday 14 November 2010

Microphone Desk Top Stand - podcasting, home recording


I bought this stand a few months ago and it has held up quite well. For only $12.00 it is a steal, the stand is extremely sturdy and pretty heavy. I have used it with multiple mics such as the Audio Technica 2020 with the Samson SP01 shock-mount, a Rode K2, a Studio Projects C1 and a neumann TLM 103. I have not had any problems and the stand is heavy enough to use with basically any mic. I was not going to write a review for this product but I came across another review that stated "I purchased this stand as people had reviewed this to work with a AT2020 with a SP01 shockmount. Mine must have been missing a part as it does not connect no matter what I try. " THIS IS ABSOLUTELY FALSE. The Samson SP01 shock-mount works perfectly with this stand ( as any shock-mount or mic would, since the threading is a standard size). I just wanted to clear that up so that there would not be any confusion. Also almost every shock-mount has an adapter in the mount ( where the shock-mount connects to the mic stand) that is slightly smaller than most US mic stands, BUT THIS COMES OUT!! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TAKE A COIN AND UNSCREW IT FROM THE SHOCK-MOUNT. After the adapter is out the Samson SP01 will connect to this stand. I highly recommend this product. On Stage DS7200B Adjustable Desk Microphone Stand, Black

I purchased this microphone stand to use with a large diaphragm recording microphone in a shock mount. While it only functions moderately well for this purpose, as the base is not heavy enough to completely counterbalance the microphone and microphone mount, I would have to believe it was not designed for the purpose I am using it for, so I'm not judging it based on my "off-label" use.



That said, the base is plenty heavy enough to hold a lighter microphone, or a microphone who's weight is centered more over the staff of the stand. The manufacturing was flawless and the stand works exactly as advertised. Overall, this stand is good value for the money.

Works like a charm. No problems at all and is the perfect managable size and weight. And to those that question its compatiblty with the SP01 shockmount. Out the box, no it doesn't quite fit, but if you examine the shockmount, you will see that you can remove the "screw-on" insert with a coin and then the two will work with no problem

It's a compact metal height-adjustable stable-based thingy to mount a microphone upon (or anything else with a 5/8" thread mount). There are five non-skid pads on the bottom that actually make this mic stand more stable than the 3-footed floor stand I was using before. If you are looking for such a thing in a black finish, this particular model might be the one for you. It works great for my application, which is elevating a microphone 13.5" over the surface of my desk. I'm happy with it.

I purchased this desktop stand with the hopes that it would fully support the front weight of a condenser microphone and a shockmount together. It does, and it does it well. Very solid build, never felt cheap in any way. Perfect for its intended use. I purchased a second one after using the first for one month. Would buy again should the need arise.

I use this as a low to the ground mic stand to pick up acoustic guitars. It telescopes to about 2 feet, and it does what it's supposed to do. The only reason I don't give it a 5 is because there isn't an immediately obvious way to keep the pole from rotating, so you can't have any tension on the mic cable or it will spin the mic. Minor Issue.

I purchased this to use with an MXL large diaphragm microphone with a shock mount. It's heavy enough so that it is not tipsy. The adjustment collar is a bit flimsy feeling, but only time will tell how that holds up.



I would have given it 5 stars, but this item comes with a large white UPC sticker affixed to the lower column. Because the item comes in a box, I don't know why the sticker is necessary. When you try to remove the sticker, it shreds with any bit of pressure. A minor annoyance, but I don't think I needed to spend 10 minutes with solvents to clean this up.

I purchased this stand to attach my Samson SP01 Shockmount Spider Mount for Condenser Mics and Samson C01 Large Diaphragm Vocal Condenser Microphone. I also attached the Nady MPF-6 6-Inch Clamp On Microphone Pop Filter.



The stand holds the weight well and it does no want to tip over at all. Although I don't use it extened, I did test the extension and it will stay extended without slowing lowering like I have seen on other stands. It was great stand for a budget to get he mic on my computer desk for my podcasting. - Microphone Desk Top Stand - Home Recording - Podcasting - Microphone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information