Sunday 14 November 2010

Headphone Adapter - audio, cables to go


The product works very well. It arrived on time as advertised. I was surprised at the amount of pressure required to fit a 1/4" plug into the adapter, but once I pressed hard enough the connection was made properly. I suspect that the tightness will prevent the occasional problem that I have had with audio sockets in the past. Cables To Go - 40636 - 3.5mm Stereo Male to 1/4 Inch (6.3mm) Stereo Female Adapter

If you shrink back a bit from the price, as I did initially, that is understandable. But after being burned by cheap plastic connectors--and even these are not that much cheaper than these well--made metal ones---I figured it was time to see if this Cables To Go 3.5mm Stereo Male to 1/4 Inch (6.3mm) Stereo Female Adapter was as good as the reviews indicated. And it is.



Follow the advice of these other reviewers if you are on the fence about ordering one or more of these adapters (I picked up a pair of them). I also happened to have the same headphones as N. Morelli, and his (or her) observation about the nearly matching hatch patterns proved the tipping point for me.

Initially this product pleased me very much. It allowed me to use an old set of headphones on newer devices. However, after only a few weeks of use, the connection started to become inconsistent. The left or right channel would fall out and I would need to jostle the jack to get it back. Now the device is useless; it does not hold tension at all on my headphone connector. My use did not consist of constant (or any for that matter) unplugging and replugging because I had only one device. I am surprised at the lack of sustainability on a simple product like this. Beware.



FYI: Mine was Gold in color.

I bought this adapter about 4 months ago to fit a set of Audio Technica headphones that I had bought. It fit the headphones' plug well, and while it was a bit heavy, the connection fit perfectly into my computer. The sound quality was good, and it was also aesthetically pleasing as the adapter's design matched my headphones' plug design perfectly.



I was happy with my purchase until just a few days ago when to my surprise, I found that the very tip of the adapter had fallen off! This was the furthest bit of the end that inserts into the computer. I consider myself lucky that it fell off on my table, and did not get stuck in my laptop. I am even more surprised because I was careful in how I handled my headphones, and did not even use them that much.



Overall, I am very disappointed with this purchase, and would not recommend this adapter to anybody.



Thanks for reading my review, and I hope it was helpful to you.

I ordered this adapter based on the picture, and reviews that recommended NOT getting the plastic variety. That made a lot of sense to me. However when the item arrived, it turned out to be plastic just like the others. I plan to contact the seller about this, but just be careful.

So I bought this because I had seen a simple apple picture showing me how to plug my guitar directly into my computer, well this required only a 1/4 inch to 3.5mm converter, unfortunately this is not what this product is meant for. This is more for plugging 1/4 headphones into your 3.5mm jack and for that the product is excellent, but like I said not the ideal product for plugging a guitar into your computer. Construction is solid (love that it isn't plastic) and it is a sturdy product.

There's little to say about an adapter, but for what it's worth, this one is fantastic. It's sturdy, stylish, and it creates a seamless connection for your 1/4" to 1/8" inputs.



Don't buy this if you're wanting to listen to your iPod with a nice set of studio headphones, the iPod connection isn't great.

The default adapter that was included in the purchase of my Senhessier headphones were flimsy and after several weeks of use, it cra%%ed out on me. I purchased these because of that and to my delight, these proved to be extremely sturdy. it might only be me, but i find the simplicity of the design aesthetically pleasing. I would definitely recommend these. - Cables To Go - Headphones - Audio - Adapters'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information