Tuesday 13 September 2011

Wrist Rest - ergonomic, gel


Pretty good design and solid contruction. Decreases the pressure on your wrist joints. Perfect for those that use the mouse for long periods of time. Had a funky smell when out of the box, that dissapeared within a day or so. Satisfied with the purchase i-Opener Mouse Pad with Wrist Rest MousePad Gel Cushion (BLACK)

These pads have a glossy logo across the top 25% of the mousing surface that wreaks havoc with laser mice. Pointers on screen will stutter, shoot across the screen and generally not respond to your input, because those glossy surfaces reflect the laser at odd angles rather than providing smooth movement and tracking information back to the mouse. I bought two and had to throw them away in a fit because I couldn't perform basic tasks with them. DO NOT BUY THESE.

I am on the computer 24/7 and without this product my hand was very uncomfortable rubbing against the desk. I ordered 3 of these products, one for myself, my wife and one for my office along with 1 keyboard wrist rest, and they have saved the day big time. They are not incredibly soft or plush as I expected but they are about medium, but definitely better than the solid desk. Would recommend.

Very good quality. Nice sticky bottom surface will stay put. Top works very well with laser mouse. Gel support is just spot on. I bought another mouse pad for a few cents less and there is no comparison this is much, much better. I wish I had got two of these instead.

very pleased with this pad, wrist support is perfect height, great deal for this price range... optical mouse and gaming used and works perfect, no sliding around ob desk either, plus i really like the shape for easy movement

We had a different mouse pad with a gel wrist rest, and my husband didn't like it. When that one went kaput, I did some research and decided to get this one. We both love it. The wrist rest is neither too high nor too low, and it's very comfortable. I don't think it is too firm, either. I'm quite pleased with this product.

Purchased and arrived in less than 2 days.



I really like the cloth surrounding the gel. It seems like it will really prevent the gel from coming apart over time. Sticky backing works as advertised, mousepad never slips like my old mousepad did.



As far as the gel goes, its not as soft as say memory foam, but it's an improvement over the edge of my desk.



I also purchased the matching keyboard rest and its great too!

I use my computer from eight to fifteen hours per day. I use it mostly for work (AutoCAD and various GIS programs, which necessitates the usage of the mouse as opposed to the keyboard for the majority of tasks). This mouse pad is much better than the flat, boring, and non-supportive pads that this one replaced.

I have pretty large hands and long, long, almost freakishly gangly arms (I'm stretching it a bit here) and like to have the support gel section of the mouse pad just below the meeting place of my hand and wrist, which means that the mouse is sometimes helplessly stranded at the extreme edge on the top end of the pad. This hasn't been too much of a problem for me, as the laser tracker of my Logitech MX-518 is located near the rear of the mouse itself and I'm too busy staring blankly -- I mean intently -- at the screen to notice that the front edge of the mouse is sort of hanging off the top part of the mouse pad.

That being said, the i-Opener mouse pad gives the perfect amount of support for my needs. Not too much of a lift, just high enough to give me the perfect wrist angle for avoiding future visits to the carpal-tunnel doctor, and in the two months or so that I've owned it, it hasn't warped in the least and loves to stay in the place where I put it.

If you don't need a super-large mouse pad and cringe at the thought of the aforementioned carpal-tunnel physician scenario, this is a great and affordable choice. - Ergonomic - Gel - Mousepads - Mouse Pad'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information