Tuesday 13 September 2011

Mp3 Players - mp3 player, walkman


I bought this mp3 player for two reasons, long battery life and the ability to stand up to the elements. I operate heavy machinery so I need a mp3 player that will play for at least 10 hrs a day and withstand a lot of heat and dust. I've owned several mp3 players, Phillips, RCA, Panasonic, Sony, etc. None of them have lasted very long except the Sony, so far I haven't had any problems with it. I really don't have to worry about the battery going dead before the day is over and so far the dust hasn't killed it, so if you want a good little mp3 player get this one. Sony Digital Music Player (Black)

I had already purchased this same model in red color to replace an old GPX that quit working when I dropped it a couple feet onto the floor. Then my backup (also GPX) quit as well and I liked the Walkman so much that I bought the same model in black. It is easy to use, has a long battery life, good FM tuner (not great but better than most I've seen). I haven't had any problems with either one of the Sony Walkman units. Before choosing the Walkman I went through some other brands and returned them to the store for various reasons. I can't really think of any complaints I have about these units.

I have had the Sony mp3 player for about 5 months. I looked at several including the Zune, the Sansa, and I Pod. I chose the Sony because of Sony's reputation and it's reviews online. The player works OK but it's nothing special. The sound is good but no better than my Droid or Sansa Clip. It seems to have a good battery life and loading music works well. I use Media Player rather than the Sony software. I also like the FM tuner.

What I dislike about the player are the following: 1)The controls are very difficult to use without looking at the player. The wheel is flush with the surface and there are no identifying dots or pegs. Trying to skip to the next song I usually pause the player. This is important to me because I listen while working out and driving. With my Sansa Clip the controls are very easy to use without looking at the player. 2) I have not been able to load play lists from Media player or the Sony software. In addition you cannot make up play lists on the fly while listening to songs. 3) It doesn't seem possible to delete a song from the player without doing so through Windows Explorer or Media player. 4) The external speakers are lame.

All in all, it's an OK player but nothing out of the ordinary.

I've had this unit for over 6 months. (So this isn't one of the NUMEROUS 'I had it a week and it quit working!!!' reviews) I also bought a silicone cover for it that helps absorb shock if it is dropped and helps make it a little more weather resistant. It works will with Windows Media Player, or you can use straight video or audio files through the included 'Content Transfer' software. You can also access the data in the unit directly through Windows Explorer. The only way to recharge the unit is by hooking it up to a computer's USB port; so if you were to take it on vacation, or a trip you'll have to find a computer with a USB port to plug it into to charge the battery. (The battery is sealed in the unit, so you can't access it for replacement.) Some kind of an optional wall charger would be nice. The only way to add, delete or edit content on this unit is through a computer; you can't add, delete or change any content without a computer. You can make adjustments to the screen, Equalizer, play modes (& more) through menus on the screen. I replaced the earphones just for better sound quality and durability. Good unit, no battery problems thus far. This unit does audio, video and picture files; I really only use it for audio files.



Could it be better for the price? Sure. I wouldn't call it a 'rip off' though. (3 stars, or a C+)

Those wanting a digital music player these days are 'spoiled for choice.' From a fairly straightforward device with earbuds, came a marriage with a cell phone or PDA or...(on and on!) My wife and I wanted devices that would fit in a shirt/blouse pocket or the cell-phone sized shoulder pockets on lightweight wind/rain shells. We wanted a device that was not bulked up to house on-board speakers. Modern earbuds, such as come with this package, work fine for us. I can use a headphone should I want to, without taking my hearing aids out (mine have circuitry that tolerates having the whole ear covered.) We also appreciated the reputation implied in the SONY brand and the way it has been born out time and again in our purchases.



We travel extensively and we visit European sites where downloaded audio tours are very interesting and useful in helping us to remember what to look for or look at. On long plane flights the earbuds are all we need to enjoy our own programming without impacting neighboring passengers in the way that built-in speakers could. During automobile tours we want to make use of our upgraded car speaker system anyway so 'added features' are not of use to us. Plus, you don't have to get 'black!' We each chose a different color so that we would easily tell which was whose since we like different music at times. We are finding that 4GB is plenty of memory and we each have more than 50 albums on our player with lots of room to spare. As with Goldilocks and the Three Bears, this SONY digital music system is 'just right!' - Sony Walkman Mp3 Player - Mp3 Player - Walkman'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


walkman Mp3 Players - mp3 player, walkman