Tuesday 13 September 2011

Corrective Goggles - corrective goggles, speedo goggles


For a pair of sub-$20 goggles, you won't do much better if you need the correction. They're among the "industry standard" good sets of goggles, neglecting the optical corrections and are appropriate for competition and recreation. If you have different optical needs in both eyes, you should buy a pair in each correction and swap a lens...and voila, two pairs of goggles for you. There's no correcting for astigmatism with inexpensive, commodity goggles. The first thing that will "wear out" is probably the anti-fog coating, but either you can re-coat them yourself or live with that for quite a while. Speedo Vanquisher Optical Goggle, Smoke, 3

My everyday glasses are a -3.5 prescription. I purchased these goggles with a 3.5 diopter. I wasnt sure what that meant since the description was not clear and they were not listed with the "-" before it.



But the goggles perfectly correct my vision in and out of the water. These are a must for swimmers who need vision correction and are near-sighted (i.e. can see up close, but vision is blury in distance). I swim laps almost every day and was using the regular Vanquishers before I bought these. Wow, what a difference. The Optical Vanquishers are identical in all other respects to the non-optical Vanquishers. Perfect fit for me.

i can finally see clearly in and around the pool. the clear plastic is really easy to see through. i have some astigmatism with nearsightedness and even if this only corrects for nearsightedness, it does the job really well.



every part of the goggles seems to be well made and durable. the strap is a good rubber in that it's not sticky and doesn't pull on the hair much. i strap one strip lower behind my head and the other crossing it above my head for a better fit. when diving, i tighten the rubber strap and they don't fly off my head when i go through the water. the package says the words "latex free," "competition," "anti-fog," and "UV protection."



there are three nose pieces that you can use to fit your nose bridge. my eyes are closer together but my nose has a bit of a prominent bridge so i use the medium size nose piece.



the instructions say not to mess with the inside of the lens of the goggle because it has a special anti fog coating. it really really works, it stays clear of fog. don't even touch that part with your fingers, it leaves fingerprints on the sticky anti fog substance. just rinse it with water, nothing else.



because of the clearness of the goggles and the black rim, i look like a raccoon when i wear it! u can really see my eyes through the goggles. not the coolest look but it's great for indoor pools so u can see everything clearly. the rim does a great job of keeping water out and is comfortable. "soft cushion silicone gaskets," "low profile design."



i like the goggles very much and i'm taking care not to scratch it or damage the anti fog coating. i always rinse it with lots of running water after getting out of the pool, then hang it to air dry. there's instructions that come with it. i would prefer to have a carrying pouch included to protect it but if i'm storing it, the original packaging is a great place anyway so i didn't throw out the packaging for that purpose.

I'm near-sighted and this swimming goggles have completely changed my swimming experience for the better. I finally could see under water... clearly. Imagine that! The goggles are very comfortable. I have astigmatism on one eye. I read somewhere that I should add 1/2 the astigmatism to my myopia and round down to the nearest diopter. It works! Highly recommended!

Being a New Swimmer it is very essential to have some protection for your eyes,

which serves using normal Swimming goggles, However its a challenge for people who are near sighted,



My Precription is -4.5, It was very difficult for me to see who are the swimmers along with me in the pool, I wished i could wear my galsses in swimming pool and feel the corrected vision in the pool



Was Using Generic Swimming goggles before I saw this Speedo Optical Swimming googles on Amazon one day,



It was My First day today with these glasses,

1. Great Quality,

2. Clear Vision,

3. Very Decent Peripheral View,

4. Smoke Version Protects from SUN,

5. No Leaks,

6. Dived from a Diving board, DIdnt have any issues,

7. Comes with Extra Nose Pieces for adjustment

8. Anti FOG Actually Works

9. It also comes with a Hard Case to Protect your Product, (I use it for my Normal Glasses when i am in the pool ;))

10. Last but Not the Least, Very affordable Price



I would definately recommend this product



Thanks Speedo For designing an excellent Product & Amazon for timely Delivery

For my entire life, I've always been debilitated in the pool, at the beach, and everywhere else I need goggles (er...not sure where that is - mall fountains, perhaps?). With these goggles, well, I can finally see! Not perfectly (I have bad astigmatism), but good enough! I am so excited I could do backflips. Thank you speedo!!!!

I had owned many pairs of goggles previously but years ago. I was interested to see what progress in design, construction and materials had been made recently. These were impressively light, fitted perfectly and the minimalist design was excellent. Visibility was perfect.



However, the anti fog film on the inside surface 'soft' in some way as it is easy to leave fingerprints on it and when cleaned, extremely vulnerable to scratching even with a proper cleaning cloth. Mine scratched after the first cleaning.

These are nice "prescription" goggles that did everything I wanted them to. They come with a few different sized nose-pieces so you can fit them perfectly to your size face. Also, one neat trick, if your eyes have 2 very different prescriptions, you can buy 2 pairs and assemble 1/2 of each together, giving you two pairs of goggles. At least in CA, your optometrist of opthalmologist has to give you a written prescription, by law. These goggles are only for near-sightedness. Your prescription will show your measurement. If don't understand your prescription, look up how to read it online. For anyone with very bad vision who needs a cheap emergency spare pair of regular glasses, well, I wouldn't suggest driving with them, and they're a little strange to wear in public in a non-swimming situation, but they will allow you to see well. They seem pretty durable, but they do not receive heavy long-term usage from me. So that the soft "rubber" stays nice, I'm careful to rinse off the chlorine and I don't leave them hanging in the sunshine. The price is right for this high quality. BTW, I hope you know how to prevent fogging: with a clean finger, rub saliva on the inside of the lenses. Gently rinse in cool water. - Speedo Goggles - Corrective Goggles - Swimming - Swimming Goggles'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Corrective Goggles - corrective goggles, speedo goggles swimming goggles Corrective Goggles - corrective goggles, speedo goggles