Tuesday 13 September 2011

Ipad Case - holder, ipad


When I purchased my iPad, I knew I would want a stand for it. I had looked at several stands, but the stand I most wanted was not actually available on the market as far as I could tell. I wanted something small enough to fit nicely on my desk, but something that would also be sturdy and look nice. When I saw the Elago P2 Stand, I figured I'd give it a shot, and I'll say it has more than met my expectations. Placing the iPad in the stand and removing it is extremely easy. Yet, while it is in the stand, it is very secure. Certainly you could knock it out or over, but you'd have to be pretty clumsy or just careless to do that. Using the touch screen with it in the stand is simple and there is no sliding or wobbling. It fits nicely both ways as well, and there is no balance issue whatsoever. Also, the power/computer cord fits in easily and causes no fitting problems. And it is a very low profile stand as well, which fits in very well with a product like the iPad. Anyway, safe to say, if you are looking for a good stand at a decent price, look no further. This stand has worked perfectly for me and I highly recommend it! elago P2 Stand (Black) for iPad and Tablet PC

I usually don't do review of products because they usually come close or equal to my expectations.

This product on the other hand surpass it in every aspect of its simplicity.

Note that this will sturdily support your iPad and without the need to remove the case (I use the original Apple case)



I tried the compass, and many other stands that were up to 3 times the price of the elago.

Nothing compares to it.



The best hands down.

This is about the perfect iPad stand for the price. Sure for $60-$100 you can get a larger, heavier iPad stand , but for $30 you can't go wrong with the Elago P2. It is stable, well built, and nice looking in a minimalist sort of way. There's enough clearance under it to slide an Apple bluetooth keyboard while not in use (a huge plus for me). It is also stable enough in both portrait and landscape orientation so that you can press the home button without knocking it over (surprisingly something that not all stands can do). It is also possible to charge your iPad in both orientations but you can't charge in portrait with a keyboard underneath (the cable sticks out too far). Not a big deal though because I use mine 90% of the time in landscape. Also you can't adjust the viewing angle, but the angle it has is just fine. I would definitely recommend this stand.

This is a very well-made aluminum stand for the iPad.



I use a Speck Products CandyShell Case for Apple iPad (Batwing Black, IPAD-CNDY-A02A03) to protect the iPad. It does add some needed thickness to the iPad for protection, but it fits PERFECTLY on this elago P2 Stand, as if the stand was designed with this case in mind. You can even bend the rubber-hinged "flap door" on the back of the case about 180 degrees so that the iPad can be charged while on the stand. As a result of this clever design, I never have to remove the case.



When you take the iPad off the stand, especially when you still have the 30-pin data/charging USB cable attached to it, lift it slowly and vertically to avoid possibly scratching the iPad, as we are talking very close spaces here (Look at Customer Images to see what I mean).



I highly recommend this combination if you want to protect your iPad and at the same time enjoy maximum convenience and versatility. Both the Speck Candyshell case and the elago P2 Stand are aesthetically pleasing. They are made for each other.



By the way, if you are considering buying a screen protector for the iPad, I don't recommend it. The iPad is much larger than an iPod Touch or iPhone; it is next to impossible to install this thin piece of transparent film onto iPad without bubbles. I tried doing so for 90 minutes and finally gave up. I heard that the glass surface on the iPad is very scratch-resistant, so I will do without a screen protector.

I drilled a hole in the based and attached it to a mic stand - thus creating the first iPad mic stand in the world. Since then a number of very nice purpose built ones have been introduced, but I still like mine. When combined with a sticky plastic cover the ipad really stays put. Plus I can take it off the mic stand and use it around the house. Durable and attractive - cast aluminum. It will never corrode.

The finish, angle, grip and general build of this stand is spot on. The ordinary Apple USB Power/Charging cable fits the holes, and plugs in without any problems. I did however buy an Apple original AV Component Cable, which provides audio and video out, in addition to charging the iPad. The cable management holes on the back does NOT have enough room to fit this cable, and as a result, I found that placing the unit on the side in the stand was my only viable solution. I'm still satisfied, but I might have reconsidered buying this stand, if I knew what I know now. - Ipad - Ipad Case - Ipad Accessory - Holder'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information