Monday 29 August 2011

Verbatim Dl Dvd - verbatim dl dvd, dvd


This is my second 4.3G Verbatim 100 bundle. The first bundle I bought from Newegg.com has been used for years until it ran out recently, and none of those 100 discs failed! So I purchased the same bundle again from Amazon this time because it costs a little cheaper than Newegg. Unfortunately, some of the discs start to fail. The recorder will reject the disc during the recording process, which never happened before, and the unfinished discs become garbage. The failing rate is about 10

I've heard some negative feedbacks from other users, hinting that might related to the manufacture locations. The bundle I have seems to be produced in or sold from Hongkong China. Overall, the recent purchase really disappointed me. Verbatim 97459 4.7 GB up to16x Branded Recordable Disc DVD+R (100 Disc Spindle)

I ordered several of these DVD spindles and they're very heavy. They were shipped together in one box (free shipping) with next to no packing material. I don't even know why the little bit of packing material was included as it did nothing to protect the items. Obviously, items this heavy need to be packed so they can't roll around and smash into each other during transit. The DVDs themselves arrived okay, but some of the spindle holders were broken.



I have bought lots of these Verbatim DVD+Rs over the years, and the quality has consistently gone down. They weigh much less now and the outside edges are rough instead of smooth. The hubs also have defects in the plastic that didn't used to be there. The last ones I bought on Amazon (2010) say they were made in the United Arab Emirates.

Back in October I ordered the 100 spindle. They were made in Taiwan. Other than the chemical smell, these discs burned flawlessly.I burn at lower speeds, so I'm sure that helps. I would have to agree with those who feel the made in Taiwan are the best. I have had problems with other countries of manufacture. Calling Verbatim Customer Service is a waste of time. The CS reps are overseas scripted employees. They do stand behind their replacement guarantee if you send them back at your expense. So, as always with today,s companies making more and more inferior products, it will be blind luck with the country of manufacture on Amazon.

Previously, I had success with only Verbatim disc, but this batch of 100...WOW! I have thrown away more disc for MEDIA NOT PRESENT...some may say it's my drive, but I beg to differ! I've tried 3 different drives with the same result (MEDIA NOT PRESENT)! I've read that INDIA is making the disc now. I can't verify the maker of my disc, but I know that THEY ARE HORRIBLE! I would tell you to STAY AWAY FROM VERBATIM, but I WON'T until I get thorough with this...BUT, I do know that this batch of 100 are THE WORSE!

I have been buying writeable DVDs for almost 10+ years and Blu-ray discs for 1+ years. The brand that makes this happen for me has always been verbatim. I rarely have a misburn out of a pack of 3 100 DVD spools and they are reliable in holding data long term. I would highly recommend this brand for your information storage needs. - Dvd - Blank Media - Verbatim Dl Dvd'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information