Monday 29 August 2011

Surround Sound - audio, surround sound


As an owner of five of these cables that are hooked up to my sound system, I thought I'd write a quick review for two simple reasons. First off, I initially decided to write my review because the only-other-review (at the time I'm writing this) is for 1-star?!? I'm hoping the law of averages washes-out the 1-star review simply because this is NOT a 1-star product...The only way to beef-up the number of stars this product deserves is to speak up, so I am! :-)

That said, my second reason for the review is so I can let other prospective buyers out there know that the quality of the cable is Excellent. In fact, I'd compare the craftsmanship to that of a Monster-branded cable at a much more reasonable price! Belkin has stayed in business all these years because they are a top-maker of A/V and Computer cables and it shows here.

If you're looking for a High Quality Optical Cable at an Affordable price, then Belkin's definitely a solution worth your consideration. Happy A/Ving!! Belkin AV20000-06 PureAV Digital Optical Cable (6 feet)

The item works fine when it is plugged in, the problem is that it unplugs VERY easily. The part that holds the plug in place just does not "snap" in like my other cords. If you don't move the cord (or any other cords adjacent to it) its really not a problem, but if you components are in a hard to get to location (which mine are) and you move the item it is plugged into (to dust, or adjust cords, or add other components) then it does occasionally come unplugged. For that reason I ended up buying another cord to take its place and moved it to a location that is easier to get to and less likely to come unplugged.

This connects my DirecTV HD receiver to my component system. I have a couple of other brand name digital audio cables hooked in for my CD and DVD player, and cannot honestly determine if there's any difference in sound quality. The 6 ft cord makes it easy if you have a large entertainment center and a lot of distance to cover to connect to the component system. Given the reasonable price, I would recommend this cable.

Works great, sound seems no different than other premium brand optical cables that I or anyone else can hear the difference between. I bought the 1st one when adding additional componets to my home theater setup. It works great/same as compared to my more expensive Monster branded optical cable. I also liked how the end caps were strapped on vs. the Monster cable which wasn't & I have lost 1 of their caps already.



Well, I decided to buy a 2nd cable when I decided to hook my computer rig into my system. That's when I realized the cables fall out super easy without much effort. The ends didn't snap in, nor did they feel snug. I thought maybe one of my ends were bad, but both are the same when switching it around. I decided to read the other reviews and realized that other people have had the same issue. The first cable was fine, so just poor QA at Belkin on this and others, maybe? IDK. Either way not acceptable when using on things you may move around or need access to. I swapped the cables around for my stationery componets, but shouldn't have had to do this.



If your looking to save a few bucks, have stationery items, and design & style(looks) matter then I would recommmend this cable.



If you plan on moving things around for occasional dusting or are planning to use for a computer rig that you fiddle around with then I can't recommend this product based on my experiences with it.



Other Thoughts: If they skimped out on QA for the end moldings, then maybe their QA isn't that great when it comes to testing the polishing for the ends of the fiber. 5 Stars for the 1st cable, but 1 star for the 2nd cable.

Easy plugin - works as designed and clicks right into the receiver and TV. Bought two and only wish I bought a longer cable! When purchasing the wire 6feet seemed long enough. .but putting it in I should have bought longer!

I bought this cable (2)to improve the video and audio resolution for home theater system. The cables are more than worth the money spent. Very easy to install (ONKYO systems and Sony DVD Player) and the quality is built in with great connectors and wires. No problems other than I should've upgraded with this product years ago.



R...

4 weeks after purchase and I am completely satisfied with the quality of this cable. I have a hd dvr provided by Dish Network and have the optical cable running directly into my Bose theater system. The sound is amazing! - Cable - Audio - Dts - Surround Sound'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information