Monday 29 August 2011

Screen Protector Foils


I started out with a stealth guardz, same thing as the invisible shields where you put soapy water on it. HATED IT, could not get it to look right and it felt weird, like gummy almost, and the thought of spraying soapy water on my screen didnt set well. After that I ordered a case mate case that came with a case mate screen protector. I liked it much better, kind of had that cling semi adhesive thing and went on nicely but ended up with dust and took it off and then totally screwed it up. I ordered these and they are just like the case-mate ones. I wanted a multi pack in case I screwed it up. All in all i was very very pleased, you cant tell its on, seems very scratch proof so far, perfect cut, and who can beat 5 for 4 bucks shipped. Highly recommended. 5x HTC Inspire 4G Premium Clear LCD Screen Protector

the screen protector adheres well but you have to work at making sure part of it is not on the lip of the edge of the screen or you will be stuck with air below the protector. the biggest flaw of the protector is that it does prevent smudging. on a touch screen this is a must. granted it did not say it would do so in the description but for a touch screen protector anti-smudge makes the product. I will use mine until I get an anti-smudge protector. I will likely cut my extras to use on other non-touch equipment. considering the cost of the item, no big deal and as I mentioned it does everything it says it does in the description.

In summary, if you want a protector that does not prevent smudging, this is a great deal.

recieved 10 screen protectors, and went through half of them trying to get one to work..... the back came off fine however, trying to get the little sticker off the front was horrible..... didnt come off and sticker tore and left a sticky film on the screen.... also trying to get the bubbles out with the little card that was suppose to use made it in possible and even scratched the screen protector..... Not very happy....

Just a little disappointed.

Easy to install.

Excellent protection.

Very minimal impact on touch screen performance.

Have been unable to get all the bubbles out, and they don't "just work themselves out."

Still, they don't give a problem and are not visible most of the time unless you look for them.

This is just what it says, 5 screen protector packets. It also comes with the cleaning cloths. My husband put them on our phones because he is a very detailed person. He made it look easy, but you have to be careful to avoid air bubbles. My screen looked a little fuzzy at first but you don't notice it now. I don't know if this is common with screen protectors as this is my first smart phone. The touch still works fine. Overall its a great buy.

The Screen protector is curved instead of being flat, so when you try to flatten it out, it always lifts on one side. I cleaned the HTC inspire screen before applying the screen protector, flattened out the screen protector and tried to apply. It did not work, lost 2 screen protectors in the bargain. The applied little soap solution to the screen, before applying the screen protector, this method worked for my I-touch, I-phone, still the screen protector lifted on one side, lost 2 screen protector in this bargain. One screen protector did not have any sticking capacity. I would suggest buy a better quality screen protector instead of crappy ones.

These things are always tricky to apply. Mine is on, protects the screen, and there are a few tiny bubbles which don't affect it's use whatsoever.

I have four more to use, and next time I probably will have fewer tiny bubbles, but who cares? You can't see them when you use the phone, only when it is turned off.

Let me just start this off by saying I wasn't expecting all that much when I ordered these. 5 protectors for $4? Can't beat that right? That being said, this product does what it's supposed to, for the most part. It covers the screen well, but not perfectly. The protectors (or the two I went through before I got it right), don't cover all of the screen. The edges and corners of the screen are not covered, but this is a minor concern as that won't really be visible with a case on there like I'm going to have. My main concern was that there appeared to already be dust on the protectors when I removed the first layer. I had to toss the first one because I can't stand having that many bubbles on my screen, especially for a brand new phone. I decided to stick with the second one, at least for now, but this one had it's own problem. The right, middle edge had a small crease in the plastic, so a bubble was inevitable. However, given that it's right near the edge and I had no bubbles anywhere else, I left it alone. So let me break it down for you:



Pros:

Cheap; 5 for $4

Sized decently well for the price

Each of the 5 screen protectors comes with a small cleaning towel



Cons:

Not cut perfectly (I'm slightly OCD about this)

Not all the protectors were clean when first opened (again, see above note)



Still, it's worth it, especially if you bought more than one Inspire for your family, or like to have extras just in case. I'll make a note of it later if I have to change protectors and see that the rest had the same problems these two did or not.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Screen Protector Foils Screen Protector Foils Screen Protector Foils