Monday 29 August 2011

Mobil 1


Ordered filters 2 day free shipping. Arrived on time and in perfect condition. Filters are heaver then other filters (fram, purolator, etc). Wonderful material of construction quality. Internals have spring loaded backflow preventer and nicely designed filter media and supports. I've used so far fram 9688, microguard to date. In my opinion there is no comparison to Mobil extended guard.



Good price for money. I have 06 hyundai sonata 4 cylinder. Would highly recommend filters.



Jim

elk grove, ca Mobil 1 M1-104 Extended Performance Oil Filter, Pack of 2

Stop using oem filter because they sometimes were out of the original mitsubishi filter. Took it to the dealer and it fit without any problems. I checked it after a 100km run and it had no leaks.Cannot feel any difference but at least I figured since I was using Mobile 1 10W30 oil that this filter would be a good match.The filter cost 2 dollars less than the oem filter.

I buy these from Amazon on a regular basis. We had a Toyota Sienna that had an oil gelation problem despite having the car regularly serviced by Toyota. After some persistence on our part Toyota rebuilt the engine on our car (which only had 38,000) miles on it. Toyota said they would only pay for this once and that we needed to switch to using synthetic oil.In researching this online and some well respected mechanics we concluded that we would also use Mobile 1 filters. These filters are designed to filter out a higher percentage of particles than factory or other mainstream 3rd party filters. We have been using these filters on both of our cars with Mobil 1 fully synthetic oil ever since. Our cars now have in excess of 130,000 miles with no issues.loudcloud.us is where we list solutions that we have found to work well for us.

I read a great many reviews, tests, and anecdotal reports before choosing an oil filter for my Hyundai. My starting point was that I wanted something better than an old-style cellulose filter media (e.g. OEM).



The perennial favorite, I've found, is the Purolator PureONE. However, I don't trust that filter in my car, based on several reports I've seen that its use leads to an increase in valvetrain noise in certain vehicles, which suggests oil starvation due to flow restriction. There have also been reports of PureONE filters causing engine knocking. (Hyundai has issued a Technical Service Bulletin for that exact issue--hmaservice.com.) I know many people scoff at this, but I trust the reports I've seen enough to not want to take the risk. I also know that Purolator recommends against using the PureONE in motorcycles, because it's too restrictive. They used to be very up-front about why they recommend against it. Now, it seems they have reworded their warning.



I'm not saying that the PureONE is problematic on all vehicles. But I do believe it's problematic on at least some.



The Mobil 1 EP filter, according to manufacturer ratings and every test I've seen, is just the slightest bit below the PureONE in filtration capability. But again, I prefer to have an engine lubricated by circulating oil that has some tiny particles in it than an engine with too little oil circulating, however clean that oil may be. The Mobil 1 EP also has a much higher capacity than the PureONE. It can capture and hold over twice as much contamination before becoming dangerously clogged. (If the PureONE inhibits flow too much when newly installed, I hate to think what could happen a few thousand miles later.)



I have no issues with the Mobil 1 EP filter in my car. It has a quality gasket, so it goes in and comes out easily. The can is very solid--much thicker than the PureONE, which sometimes twists and contorts upon removal. I have no valvetrain noise, even at startup. The only bad point, at first glance, is that it costs more. But it can be kept on for 15,000 miles. If you keep it on for two or more oil changes, the price factor ceases to be an issue. Besides, my car--and my peace of mind--are worth it.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Mobil 1 Mobil 1 Mobil 1