Monday 29 August 2011

Photo Printing - epson, photo printing


Epson Artisan 800 Wireless Photo All-in-One Printer (Black)(C11CA29201)

Epson Artisan 800 printer is the best inkjet printer I have ever owned!!!!

I have bought just about every make of ink jet printer there is over the years. I can give a list of printers to avoid, but that is another horror story.

I use ink jet printers primarily for photos as I have not found a lazer printer that can reproduce photos as well as an ink jet.

I read the reviews on Amazon before I bought this printer and I can say that I was a little gun shy about the issue of ink use and other downfalls people wrote about. I bought this on sale at a major office supply store with the guarantee that if I didn't like it I could return it.

I have owned it about 9 months and printed a lot of 4x6, 5x7 and a few 8x10 pictures. The detail and color is beautiful, the printing fast, you can handle the prints right out of the printer. Documents look like they were printed on a lazer. I have found that it is very good on ink. At the time of this writing I have gone thru 2 sets of ink cartridges. Note: ONLY use Epson Ink and Epson Photo Paper. Like most printers, if you use aftermarket supplies you will get very bad results. Inexpensive supplies that don't work is no bargain.

Being wireless is great. The only draw back is the scanner is slow, no big deal to me as I use a lazer all in one for that.

Bottom line is if your looking for a great printer I highly recommend the Artisan 800! Hope this helps. Epson 98 Black Ink Cartridge High-Capacity (T098120) in Retail Packaging

We purchased this printer because we were having trouble printing photos with our prior all-in-one printer, and this one had great reviews in our local newspaper and online.



As advertised, the printer setup was relatively easy. The biggest challenge I had was in loading paper tray, which left me wondering if I had done it right until I actually printed anything. I still haven't done the network setup for the printer, partly because you can't scan images to your computer using that setup. You must use the USB connection to do so.



Once set-up, I was impressed by how easy it was to get our camera connected and to work with photos from the computer.



I was very unimpressed, however, with the print quality we were getting on photo paper. We were using some photo paper that we already had lying around the house to do the printing, and the images all seemed grainy. You could see ink dots all over the images, and while they would look fine from about 5 feet away, they looked horrible at arm's length.



Frustrated with the results we were getting and feeling like we had been taken for a ride, we decided to give the recommended Epson brand photo paper a try as a last ditch effort. There was no sample was included with the printer, but that brand was recommended throughout the documentation. The specific paper we purchased is the: 100-SHEET 4X6 Glossy Ultra Premium Photo Paper



That paper made all of the difference. The images that we're printing now are matching the descriptions provided by others. They're high quality, just like a photo printed from a shop.

This ink fits the Epson Artisian 800 Printer. The ink is hard to find in many retail stores and I have never seen in discount stores such as Walmart and Sams. I have made my purchases on Amazon and Epson. Expect to pay full retail plus shipping. Per page cost for color photos is high.Purchases from Epson and Amazon were filled promptly.

It's hard to review this high capacity ink cartridge. For one, yes it does last a lot longer than the standard black but I only know that because I got a standard capacity with the printer and so do have some comparison. However, since then I have been unable to find a standard capacity black cartridge to purchase since then, this makes the 'high capacity' the de facto standard. At the current price-point it's twice as expensive as a standard color cartridge and that niggles me a little. The ink lasts... the printer prints well... it does what it says on the box - and so all should be good.



But I wish epson would bundle the 98 black with the 5-pack color multipack and not force me to shell out so much separately for a single black cartridge.

This is an OEM product which is excellent as it is oil based rather than water based to give longer lasting photos when using an Epson Artisan 710 printer. The details between oil and water based ink cartridges were politely pointed out to me by an Epson Technician.

I found something truly interesting regarding ink usage.

I have had many Epson photo printers, and up until now, ink usage has been an issue.

When I bought my last printer, it was an Epson Artisan 700. I had problems with it right away and Espon CS sent me a replacement overnight. Instead of another Artisan 700, they upgraded me to an Artisan 710. They also sent along an extra set of high capacity cartridges! I installed the regular capacity cartridges and I have never had a set of Epson cartridges last as long as these have. Usually when first set up, an Epson photo printer will use up to 1/8 to 1/4 of the cartridge to prime itself. After set up, the cartidges still showed up as full! After many prints, the cartridges still show as 1/2 to 3/5 full. I also notice that the printer does not do as many self-cleanings as previous models. I am convinced that Epson has revised the printer firmware to use less ink for maintenance. - Ink - Artisan - Photo Printing - Epson'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information