Wednesday 6 April 2011

Wall Mount - home theater, wall mount


You purchase this because you want to run some cables from the wall. And this wall plate can help you cover the hole. It actually looks quite nice. And it is reversible.



However, if you can afford it, you could go with much more fancy option. Get the wall plate that have HDMI, Component, S-Video, Composite, or whatever input you need. See the link below



http://www.amazon.com/Dayton-WPI-51HD-Channel-Component-Plate/dp/B001GMUTXO/ref=pd_bbs_sr_6?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1227367393&sr=8-6



It looks a lot more professional. :) Vanco 120614X Custom Two-Piece Bulk Cable Wall Plates (Single, White)

Easy way to conceal your cords for your wall-mounted TV. I have this running inside the wall into a PVC pipe down to 12" above the floor, where I have a j-box to install these plates. Cheap too!



You can easily cut a small hole and install a box and fish your wires down to a lower box to conceal your wires.

My entertainment center (TV, DVR, XBOX 360, Wii, etc.) is in the living room, and my internet connection enters my apartment in another room. Fortunately that room is directly behind the living room, but I had to get some ethernet cables from one room to the other to get all my stuff connected to the web. That really sucked when I had to run the cables along either the ceiling or the floorboard, and somehow around door hinges and whatnot. Instead, I just cut a hole in the wall and shoved the wires through. Getting the wires to go through was a little tough, but now that I got that done, it works great.

My HDMI cable has a large piece on the end of it that would not allow me to use my existing wall plate. I needed to find something that it would fit through while still covering the hole and making things look neat. This worked and it was really cheap!!!! The opening is wide enough to fit several cords....great product.

If you slammed a flat panel on the wall and didn't use these, you did it wrong. Don't poke a hole in the wall and run your cables up it. That's nasty. These covers give you a nice neat way to run your cables up the wall. The tunnel is removable and or reversible. HDMI, AC plugs fit through with no problem, although I don't recommend running line voltage this way or near HDMI or Coax cable. Use with a low voltage mounting bracket. - Wall Mount - Home Theater'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information