Wednesday 6 April 2011

Digital Slr - kingston, photography


I'm a pro photographer.

This product came quickly, as is always needed for me. With my 40D this product processes images as quickly as I need to cover weddings and sporting events.



With this card on Raw I can get at least 750 images.



When shooting in "large" format choice, I can get at least 1500.

Since the sensor shows 999 remaining and I download after each shoot, it may be able to hold a greater amount.



For anyone shooting photos with a camera less than 10Megs, the number of files on this card for you would be tremendous, and more than you need.

Keeping too many of your prized family photos on a card and not downloading is not such a good idea....



Sturdy product. Would certainly recommend. Kingston Elite Pro 8 GB 133x CompactFlash Memory Card CF/8GB-S2

This is my second kingston compactflash card (another one is 4gb cf). Kingston never lets me down. It works great! Speed is very fast! There are faster CF cards available on the market, but if you want to use the cf cards on digital cameras, you don't really need faster (than 133x kingston) cards. NO camera can take advantage of the faster cards yet. Anyway, this is perfect for digital camera (Dslr).

[ UPDATE: Make sure you format the card in the camera. After doing so, this card is working much better. The following was written when using the mem card straight out of the package (it was pre-formatted). ]



I bought 2 of these a few days ago, before reading the reviews here. After reading the reviews, I decided to see how it compared to my previous 2Gb Kingston 50x card.



Using my Canon Rebel XT camera, with picture setting on Large/Fine (8 megapixel photos) and in burst mode I was able to take 13 consecutive photos with this new card, and the camera completed writing to the flash card about 43 seconds after first pressing the shutter button. So yes, it will work fine for everyday shooting.

I then tried the older 50x card which I probably bought sometime around 2005. With it, I was able to take 16 consecutive photos (before it started lagging), and it completed writing all those to flash after 14 seconds. (I did both measurements 3 different times, and they all turned out pretty close)



So to make a comparison - for the 13 picts in 43 seconds, would be equivalent to 16 in 53 seconds. So the 50x card will write 16 photos in 14 seconds, the new 133x card will write 16 photos in 53 seconds.



Therefore the new card is about 4 times SLOWER than the older 50x card. Maybe someone at Kingston made a mistake and these were really 13.3x, not 133x??



The only plus to this card is its low cost and large storage size.



UPDATE: After formatting the 133x card in the camera, it is now performing comparable to the 50x card. Which that could indicate its a limitation with the camera memory interface at this point. I would up the star rating, but seems that I can't do it after the review was initially written.

I got 2 of these cards because I needed a decent amount of storage for my Canon 50D. I shoot in RAW 100% of the time, and each file is around 16mb. This card seems great and I haven't had a single problem with it, not being able to keep up with the camera at 6.3 frames per second. I think if you're continuously using the high burst at 6.3fps, then you'll hit the end of the buffer and it will take a few seconds to clear, but I have never reached it. I was contemplating getting the San Disk Extreme III 8gb version, on top of these two, because I need a lot of storage space, and I'm going to be shooting a wedding soon, and wanted a faster card for the ceremony, but I think I'm going to just pick up another 2 of these. The price is way too good compared to the Sandisk Extreme III, and it keeps up with all my shooting. I've never used a Sandisk Extreme III before, but I really don't think it's needed unless you're using the high burst mode continuously. I highly recommend this card. I've been very pleased.

Card works great in my Sony A200k camera. Was concerned about write performance, but it has not been an issue. Camera has beeen very fast. Flash card does not appear to be a bottleneck at all. Good deal on this CF card for 8GB. Better bargain than SAN Disk.

This card is okay when you're not seriously taking pictures. It's with the 133x way too slow for any SLR camera. Better spend the extra $ and get a faster (300x or more) CF card. Taking RAW pictures with this card is horrible - 2 pictures and then you have to wait for about 15 seconds to take the third one. JPG is okay, but even for that my other 300x CF card is amazingly faster with accessing pictures and storing them.

Ordered 4 cards of this batch of Kingston cards from Amazon. Had originally purchased 4 of these a couple years back from another vendor.



The latest batch I purchased were all failures. I format all the cards in camera, and after about 1/4 of the way through, the card will cause my camera to freeze on read - only resettable with a battery reset.



Too many corrupted sectors on this batch of cards, and I just can't trust it.



If it matters: The good 8GB Kingston CF cards I own (with this green label) have a rounded rectangle around the comment lines on the back. The label is (C)2003. The bad batch of cards I have use the (C)2008 label. I can't deduce a trend based on serial#/batch#.



Good luck on your purchase. I won't be buying these particular ones again. - 8gb - Cf Card - Kingston - Photography'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information