Wednesday 6 April 2011

Belkin - cable, ethernet cables


Any time you have two Ethernet cables and in need of connecting them to reach a computer this coupler is definitely some to have handy. I used this to link two 20 foot patch cables and found it far more useful than just using one 40 or 50 foot cable and fishing it through the walls where the other two cables were before. Always have more than one of these couplers around especially when wiring areas with Ethernet cables in tight areas. Belkin RJ45F/RJ45F Straight Cat5 Rated Modular Coupler (White)

I have multiple TVs in my basement rec room driven by one HDMI amplifier. I ran dual Cat5e cable from multiple locations to a central box. I am trying to run HDMI over dual Cat5es and simply needed couplers to connect the source-to-hub -> hub-to-TV Cat5e cables. I bought some cheap Cat5e couplers from a big box store to accomplish this and the signal was atrocious. I tried to eliminate the problem and narrowed it down the to the cheap couplers. HDMI signal was corrupted even with very short Cat5e cables. I bought these Belkin ones and problem solved. You get what you pay for.

This modular coupler is being used at the termination of a 50-foot run of CAT 6 cable. We started wrecking the RJ45 connector shielding on the 50-foot run, by flexing the cable where it connected to a laptop, so instead of continuing to use it until it failed, necessitating a whole new 50-foot cable, this Belkin connector was put into place in order to connect a shorter, less expensive and easier to replace section of cable.



The Belkin Modular Coupler has been walked on, slammed in a drawer, and suffered other incidental abuse and has performed without a problem on a high-speed internet connection. Not cheap- and in this case, you do get what you pay for.



And it looks kind of cool too. :-)

I got this for my brother who's serving in Iraq and he has had no issues with it. I purposely bought it as it looked to be of solid construction and was not disappointed when it arrived.



I try to buy Belkin products when possible due to the excellent quality I've experienced with their stuff. - Cable - Cat 5 - Ethernet Cables - Ethernet Cable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information