Wednesday 6 April 2011

Hot Chocolate - hot chocolate, soy milk


Almond Breeze is far and away my favorite non-dairy milk. I buy the Unsweetened Chocolate and Vanilla and the Sweetened Chocolate. I like this, the unsweetened chocolate, because I like to mix it with the sweetened, for a less decadent treat. Also, I like to bake with this too. It adds just a little bit more flavor to cookies, brownies, and even whole grain bread! (Think of adding unsweetened cocoa powder to chili or tomato sauce--it deeps the color and flavor). This stuff if just awesome! And only 45 calories a cup! Unbelievable!



I have an allergy to milk products and I am diabetic. For years I have used a variety of unsweetened soy milks. They have gotten better over the years but, are not the greatest. Also, too much soy in the diet really messes with the thyroid. If you have any health issues, your thyroid will get hit even sooner on a heavy soy diet. I had to learn this the hard way.



I have tried other milk substitutes: rice, hemp, coconut; all were either too high in sugar, too heavy, didn't work well in cooking or baking, didn't taste good, too expensive or all of the above.



This unsweetened Almond milk, chocolate or plain, is delicious! I've used it in lattes, baking, cooking and even drinking it straight and I love it. It's smooth, light tasting and doesn't leave that after-taste that many soy drinks have. I have even given this to people who didn't know it wasn't real milk and they didn't notice the difference. AND, it is very reasonably priced. It fits right in with the soy milks and cow milks as far as price goes. I would strongly recommend this product.



NOTE: If you are a full fat milk drinker - this might taste more like 2% or skim milk to you.

This is a delicious addition to anyone watching carbs or lactose. It has the delightful texture of whole milk and if sweetened (especially with Stevia) taste just like the bad for you whole chocolate milk! A welcome addition to my table. I also cook with the other flavors, Vanilla and Regular. The history of Almond milk goes way back since it doesn't require the same amount of refrigeration as regular dairy products. Try it!

This Almond Breeze milk is excellent, tastes great, is nutritious, sugar free and priced great! The product deserves 5 stars! However, it arrived in a box inside of a box with a little brown paper as cushioning. Only 3 of the 12 cartons were in a usable condition. 3 were smashed and leaking, six had their lids torn off so once the seal is broken, they cannot be reclosed. It would be great to get this delivered on a regular basis, but not in this condition. Maybe some bubble wrapping of the inner box would have prevented the soggy situation at my front door. :(



ADDENDUM:

Amazon replaced the box and every carton was intact! We are so pleased to have this product as it is a very healthy and delicious alternative to milk and it CAN arrive in good shape or it will be replaced quickly.

I buy this because it's low calorie and I prefer to not drink milk but the chocolate flavor is pretty weak. I add a lot of unsweetened cocoa to it when I make a smoothie. The Almond Breeze folks need to add more cocoa to their recipe.

I am a frequent user of Amazon.com and recently think that their package quality is slipping. I've had several products that arrived in less than ideal condition. This though, was by far the absolute worst! In fact, the packaging completely ruined a good product and I will never buy it from here again.



Don't get me wrong, I love this unsweetened chocolate almond milk. I can only find it in one local store, which is why I sought out an online supplier. Even though Amazon.com charges more than the market here, I thought the convenience of the shipping would make it worth it. I was so wrong!!!



The outer box arrived crushed and soaking wet. It was wet because the interior box was ripped open and 2 of the milk cartons were completely empty. Three others were leaking and the remaining cartons are soaked and sticky. Absolute mess.

I love Blue Diamond Almond Milk and have been using it as a substitute for regular milk or soy milk for awhile. Along with other healthy choices, the use of this product has contributed to me getting in great shape. Dont buy other brands without reading the contents as they could contain a lot of sugar and artificial ingredients. Not this stuff. Top notch.



Its also delicious. A+

I love this stuff! I discovered it through Hungry Girl, Lisa Lillien. The books are very helpful and fun. I looked to see if I could get this milk cheaper, in bulk and found that is was more expensive. I buy it in Trader Joes or Whole Foods for $1.99 for 32 fl oz. This package has it for $2.50. Oh well.

The case we got was salty to the point of being undrinkable. We tried 3 out of the 12 boxes and they are all the same. Still willing to believe that it could just be a bad batch, but I would not order it again until I am reassured that I will get a less salty experience. At least we got a refund easily, but I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced this. - Dairy-free - Soy Milk - Hot Chocolate - Unsweetened'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information