Monday 18 April 2011

Video Production - 1080p, 3d tv


We just purchased a Samsung Plasma PN58C8000. It came with the Shrek 3d and Samsung 3d glasses bundle. We needed more glasses, as 3d is more fun with the whole family! I purchased 4 Nxg-3DG glasses and don't regret it for a second. I analyze video and image quality for a living and without quantitatively going into drawn out detail, and testing all the fine differences, I can say that these glasses do a great job compared to the Samsung glasses that came with the bundle.



The Samsung glasses have actual optical grade lenses where as the Nxg-3dg glasses do not. A very, very small amount of detail (like the "noise" within textures) is lost when using the Nxg-3dg glasses. Would I buy more if I needed more glasses over the Samsung? Yes! However, if they were the same price as the Samsung I would purchase the Samsung glasses.



Also, they suffer the same intermittent losing sync (flashing) as the Samsung glasses. It is not constant enough to be annoying, but there are DIY fixes such as the tape method if you Google the issue; if it happens to annoy you. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the coolness factor as both styles glasses have made me burst into uncontrollable laughter when trying to have a conversation with someone wearing them; seriously don't go out in public with these or the Samsung glasses unless it's Halloween and you have a pocket protector.



My vision impaired, spectacle wearing dad prefers these over the Samsung glasses as they fit nicely over his actual glasses. Apparently they are more comfortable. My very petite girlfriend likes the Samsung glasses better as they don't slide down her nose as often as the Nxg-3d glasses (realistically I am getting her the Samsung children glasses as those should fit her better anyways, but if Nxg made kids glasses I would buy those as they would be close to 3 times cheaper!).



Bottom line: 3d is a lot of fun to watch!! And less money = awesome



As a side note, I tend to wear these more often than the Samsung glasses as I generally do not put things back where they go and the Nxg-3dg glasses are within arm's reach as I have been heavily scrutinizing them since there were no reviews at the time I ordered them.



They also have an auto shut off feature and the ear pieces are flexible which gives me a greater sense of ruggedness than the Samsung glasses (that I tend to "serve" to people with a sense of great care on a protective platter with a list of instructions and a laynard so they don't drop and break...), so kids and guests have at, the Nxg-3Dg glasses make my 2000 dollar tv purchase easily stay within a less jaw dropping price than what I originally thought it was going to cost just to watch 3d!!! NXG Technology NX-3DG Infrared Active Shutter 3D Glasses

After buying a Samsung 3D television I was shocked at the price for their 3D glasses. I sucked it up and bought the Starter kit with 2 glasses with the Monsters V Aliens disc for $349. They worked fine. However, needing more glasses since we are a family of five I wanted to find a cheaper solution. I took a chance on these and I am very pleased with the purchase. Not only do these look great, there is absolutely no difference in the 3D viewing experience. In fact my teenage sons prefer using these over the Samsung. These are a bit more comfortable to wear and "look cooler" (according to my sons). Bottom line: Don't waste your money on the manufacturers overpriced glasses. (Save the $$$ towards some future 3D releases-- I can't wait for Avatar!!)

These are exceptional glasses for the money. I initially bought one and ended up buying 2 more.

After getting Samsung 3D Plasma TV and the Samsung Starter Kit, I have to give these glasses a definitive step up from the Samsung ones. While these glasses may not be optical quality, I found the 3D experience much more enjoyable and clearly defined than the Samsung ones, and considering that you can buy three pairs of these for LESS than the 2 pair starter kit, I would highly recommend them to anyone getting into 3DTV, especially the Samsung series of 3D HDTVs.

I purchased these glasses for three reasons:

1) I have broken two pairs of Samsung glasses since I got my 3D TV 6 months ago. Samsung's glasses feel strong, but don't drop them because even with only a 3 foot fall onto carpet, they will break.

2) They are cheaper than the OEM glasses (by a lot).

3) Samsung's glasses are 2-3 months out for delivery.



I wasn't sure what to expect when I got them. Here is my impression (after watching MvA and Alice in Wonderland). These glasses sync with the TV perfectly. I experience the same amount of cross talk as I do with the Samsung glasses (which is very little). The color difference is very minor. I actually find the colors better with these glasses as they seam brighter. The biggest, however is that these glasses have wide frames. Thus, unlike the premium Samsung glasses, my vision doesn't get cut off.



He is the simple pros and cons:

PROS:

1) Lower Price

2) Sturdy Construction (although they feel like cheap plastic, they are more sturdy than the Samsung OEM glasses).

3) Almost no difference is quality of picture between these and the Samsung OEM (I like these better).

4) Did I mention these are less than 1/2 the cost of the Samsung OEM glasses.



CONS:

1) These glasses tend to slip off if you move around a lot.

2) They come with a cloth case, similar to the Samsung OEM. (3D glasses should come in a hard plastic case! Panasonic got it right).



3D Equipment tested with: Samsung PN58C8000, Sony PS3 Blu Ray Player. Tested against both Samsung SSG2200AR and SSG2100AB Glasses. - 3d Tv - 1080p - 3d - Samsung'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


1080p Video Production - 1080p, 3d tv