Monday 18 April 2011

Cleansing Conditioner


I ordered this product after watching the infomercial late one night. (Insomnia sometimes has it's benefits) As someone who used to do hair for a living, I have tried nearly everything on the market. My shower rack was always overflowing with numerous shampoos and conditioners, but no more. This delicious smelling, one-step cleanser/conditioner is the only product I use now. I have somewhat fine hair that's a bit dry from color treatments and I needed a product that would restore a healthy shine and manageability without over-conditioning. WEN cleansing conditioner does the job all in one step. I apply about two to three pumps to wet hair when I first get in the shower then rinse out as the last thing. You can add a tiny drop after as a leave-in conditioner. You'll be amazed at the results regardless of your hair type. One last tip, unless you have extremely thick long hair that's as dry as the Sahara desert, you do not need to use the recommended amount of 16-24 pumps. You'll figure out the right amount for your hair. Also, buy it here on Amazon and don't get caught up in the auto shipments required on the infomercial. Happy conditioning! Wen Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner - 16 OZ

I ordered this after watching the infamous infomercial...I'm sure you've all seen it! Anyway, I am an African-American woman who has done absolutely EVERYTHING to my hair and now have (thick, thick)relaxed hair. I only mention my race here because I think it is important to stress what the creator of this product was saying about his line--it works for anyone! I have only used this product for two weeks and I have to say that never before has my hair looked and felt so touchable--I literally used to cringe (and divert the perpetrator) if it seemed as if someone wanted to put a hand on my hair! I also used to be in a state of perpetual unrest--concerning my mop. It just seemed like no matter what products I used, I was always looking for something to do BETTER. The search is definitely over; I am truly satisfied. I would recommend this product to anyone who needs more good hair days!



October 14, 2009...One more child and one recession later, I still stand by my review, but if you are trying to save money in uncertain times, Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo/Conditioner will also give you beautiful, healthy results.

First off, if you want to try it, DON'T BUY IT FROM THEIR WEBSITE! Buying it from someplace else like Amazon is a smarter idea than what I did. I bought from the wenhaircare website and they sent me another 90-day package, which I didn't order, when I was about to return my 30-day package bottles. I already opened the second box not knowing what it was, so I hope when I send these bottles back they'll at least not charge me for the next two months.



The hair care process is a bit more time-consuming than I hoped for. You wet hair THOROUGHLY (1-2 minutes), lather 16-32+ pumps into hair (3-4 minutes), comb through (1 minute), leave it in for duration of shower (however long that means for you -- keep lathering throughout shower), rinse (1-2 minutes -- it's a lot of product to rinse out), apply leave-in conditioner and styling creme. You have to really focus on what you're doing with the Wen in you hair, so not only does that take more effort than regular shampooing and conditioner, but more time in the shower (which, for water conservers may be a big downside). The product is also thick enough to clog a weak drain, so be careful.



My last downside is that the 30-day or 90-day packages do not last that long. Following Chaz's instructions of using about 40 pumps every time I shower, my regimen lasted no more than 16 days. My advice is to use as LITTLE of it at a time as possible. He recommends the more the merrier; I say, use a moderate amount (at most 12 pumps for REALLY THICK hair in the shower) and cleanse more frequently than before.



Now for the results: it's pretty good. I'm a Polynesian woman living in tropical Hawaii with thick, curly hair. My only damage has come from one at-home relaxer years ago, pregnancy, and genetic hair loss. Curly hair like mine needs a lot of products to get it to listen to you. This one was no exception. For cleansing and making my hair feel soft and healthy, it did its job well; for making it LOOK soft and healthy and bouncy and curly, it needed some help. But I'm having a hard time going back to mousse and gel since using this, so now I have to find other styling solutions. Living in humid weather always adds to the frizz factor, but I thought this would at least ameloriate the situation a bit.

I really love Wen products, my favorite is the Sweet Almond Mint, it's a great product to tame my curly gray hair, however, because of the price of Wen, I can't always purchase it therefore, I started looking for a comparable product. I found HAIR ONE at Sally's Beauty Supply, it is a cleansing conditioner that for me, works better than Wen and it's only $11.99! Give it a try, for $11.99 what have you got to lose.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information