Monday 18 April 2011

Excelent - blake, boy toy


My son loves cars, trucks, trains etc. and wants to drive our real cars, so I thought this would be a perfect substitute, his own car! I bought this for his second birthday, the first day he was unsure about it, but by the next day he was zipping all over the driveway, the yard and sidewalk. This is a great toy. The battery last about 2 1/2 days (my son only drives it about a maximum of an hour a day and I leave it unplugged/not charging) and by the third day I have to charge it. The only thing he had to learn is to press the button for reverse. For the first few months he would only drive forward but after working with him to understand the concept of backing up he got it. It doesn't go that fast (about 3mph), but it is fast enough for his age. Power Wheels Ford F-150

I could not help but notice that someone indicated that it took several hours to put this truck together. The instructions are straight foward, and 60 to 75 minutes is plenty of time to put it together. As indicated in another review, it will hold more weight, although I'm sure it is not recommended. If the wheel fell off that quickly, and there was such an issue putting it together, maybe something was not installed correctly.

The price is why we bought it, my older son also had a car ($100 more expensive)and his brother "needed" an off-road vehicle. I read all the reviews but found it very easy to assemble, just opened the box sat down on and put it together; you'll need a hammer, and a screw gun to speeds things up. Putting the stickers on was the biggest pain. It is faster than most 6 volts and is great off road, and on grassy fields... The problem is that it's too big for my 2 year old, but his older brother is crazy for it. Great product.

My son and mostly my husband loved this truck it'll take a little getting used to from my 22month old he doesn't quit know how to work the steering wheel. But he knows how to use the pedal and loves it. great truck so far for it's price.

We got this truck for out 2 year old to ride in. He's a little bit young for it but he knows how to drive it by putting his foot on the pedal. It is very hard for h im to turn the steering wheel. It took him a while to learn to steer but he enjoys it. The weight limit sayd 65 pounds but I have a secret. I have sat on the back and drove it many of times and I weigh well over twice that. The truck isn't that bad for younger ones.

We purchased this vehicle for our 3 year old during Christmas 2004. We were excited that it had a variety of speeds (according to advertisement) but we later found out the vehicle only goes 3.5 miles per hour. This is a good speed, however my son has become a complete expert in driving and manuvering it's direction and I believe he would be able to handle faster speeds at this point. I discussed this with Fisher Price and have comfirmed that this vehicle only travels at 3.5 miles per hour and that is all. Overall, my son loves his truck and it has all terrain wheels. He has lots of fun and he gets lots of attention from children and adults! I just wish it had greater speeds so he didn't grow out of it too quickly.

Excellent toy was a 2nd Birthday present it took about 15 minutes for him to learn how to operate the controls then it was off to the races.It needs some skill to assemble properly but not too much and it seems sturdy enough. Battery lasts about an hour I am thinking of buying a second one because he always wants to use it longer and it takes 14 hours to recharge. Overall the F-150 Power Wheels exactly as I expected.

I also bought this for my 3 year old son and it did take a little time to put together but once we were finished and had the battery charged it was all fun from there. The F150 has become his favorite ride on. He has about 6 different types. As long as you put it together right and follow the directions you don't have to worry the least bit about a wheel falling off. It is a 6-volt model so don't expect blazing speeds but it does do well in the grass and the driveway. Having reverse is a nice feature and it only took my son a few riding sessions to get the hang of using reverse. I took My son to the store and told him to pick out whichever ride-on he wanted and he passed on the grave digger because he thought it was too big for him and liked the size of the F150. It's a great 2nd vehicle after your child has graduated from the Lil quad which I highly recommend as the first battery operated ride on for a child.

This is the only product I've ever reviewed so it must be pretty awesome for me to take the time to do this. You cannot beat the durability or the pricing point of this product. The battery stays charged for days on end, it has a nice speed, excellent traction, and it is very tough. I think it maybe took 30 minutes to assemble (not long at all). My son is very rough and loves to occasionally veer off the beaten track and run into our brick home, porch posts, or workshop. He's also been known to twist my finger and make me ride on the back (at 130 lbs I'm pretty sure I surpassed the weight limit). He was 2 years old when I bought it and two years later it is still going strong! You cannot beat the quality for this pricing point. I would definitely buy it all over again and recommend this as a first riding toy for any child. - Boy Toy - Dan - Blake - Excelent'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information