Monday 18 April 2011

Internal - sata ii, sata cable


The item described is a XION SATA cable with 180-degree connectors at both ends, and the package appears to be labelled with the correct UPC code, but the descriptive label and contents shipped to me is a cable with a 180-degree connector on one end, and a 90-degree connector on the other. I can still use it, but it's not the correct cable described. Xion XON-SATA1818_BL 18-Inch SATA II Cable (Blue) - Retail

This is a fine low cost cable. One thing not mentioned is it does have clips on the ends. Some will find this a bonus but myself I had trouble depressing the clip on the motherboard with other cables around it. I simply moved this cable to the outer most sata interface and had no problem unclipping after that.

The cable is exactly as described, to the user that stated it was the wrong cable, well when I purchased the cable I knew there was no 180 degree connector, its just a straight cable with straight cables. It looked tiny when I received it, thought I might have bought an 18 centimeter one rather than 18 inches, but sure enough unwrapping it and all it came out to 18 inches. Im using it to power my xbox 360 drive, I had to mount the drive out of the case, due to heat issues with the xbox 360. It works great, no problems. As to anything else nonapplicable to the cable I can rant, but the cable itself works, what more can you say? You won't get faster data transfer rates or anything else from just a mere cable, so all in all 5 stars for fast shipping, good packaging and price. If I need anymore SATA connectors I will surely buy them again, especially at the low price. Screw best buy for trying to charge me 20 dollars for the same exact thing. - Sata Ii - Sata Cable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information