Monday 18 April 2011

Vehicle Mounts - droid, iphone 4


I've been using this for over six months and I still think it's the best way to mount my phone in a vehicle. I've used it in an Escalade and an Accord, and it fit fine in both. The only problem is that over time the vent clips begin to sag, and that allows the whole thing to come off quite easily, sometimes even during a turn. As a solution I rotated the vent clips 180 degrees, so that they're mounted effectively upside down. Surprisingly, this has worked out quite well for me.



When using this with the Droid Incredible or other phone with a power cord that attaches to the side, you'll need to install the side supports upside down. There's a little plastic ridge on one of the side supports that is supposed to keep the device from slipping down, but there's enough friction from the side supports that it's not necessary. In this alternate configuration the phone hangs down a bit below the mount so that I can plug in my charger to the side. It works fine this way. Bracketron PHM-201-BL Vent Mounting Kit for Mobile Devices

But it also come with self-tapping screws to mount into your dash anywhere. The Iphone4 Slides in perfect with the AMAZON SONIX case on it. Plenty of room below to plug in a Charging cord to charge while docked on the mount.

I ordered the Bracketron PHM-201-BL to mount my HTC Fuze on the air vents of a 98 audi so it would be easier to use the hands-free system as well as listen to the mp3 player. The bracket has many configuration options including the air vent setup, and for mounting to other Bracketron mounts - I did not try the adhesive setup. The vent setup is stable enough to press the phone in securely without the clips breaking or the whole mount falling off. The volume keys and touch-screen are still easily accessible, but the PTT (Push to talk) button is slightly covered (I do not use PTT so I just disable that key). Overall a great product for the price.

For $9 I am extremely pleased with the vent mount set-up. It worked so well in my truck that I bought one for my wife's CR-V. It was simple to put together and intuitively fit into the vent. It's stable, versatile and affordable. It keeps our iPhones in our sight-lines without permanent alteration to the dash board.

Works great. Solid construction. Easy to install.



It works best if your iPhone is in a case. I don't have a case on my iPhone and the mount obstructs the sides of the iPhone screen ever so slightly. I need to put my phone in a case any way. This is a good excuse to buy one.

This is definitely the best universal bracket I've used, and for an awesome price! I own 2 BMWs (E46 sedan, E86 Z4 M), and have one installed in both for my iPhone 4 with bumper. For a universal mount, this bracket is extremely low profile and looks like it's made for the phone. It fits perfectly with the bumper on, and it also fits my BlackBerry Curve or Style without adjusting. Adjustments are simple, just slide out the arm out and move it to the next notch. The notch system is way more secure and sturdy than those spring loaded clamps, I really hate those bulky clamp mounts.



I suggest getting a Pro Clip mount for your car, then a slim swivel adapter, then attach this bracket and you're all set! For my Z4, I have the mount right side up. For my E46, I have the arms upside down so I can slide the phone UP into the holder, and when I want to quickly remove the phone I just pull the phone down.

Secure attachment to my Honda accord. I use it with an iPhone 4 in a bumper case and the fit is perfect and the rubber pads protect the phone very well. The bottom is open to leave access to the dock port for charging. This mount is a steal at the price.

I have been using this for close to a year. I looked and tried numerous products (see my other reviews) before settling on this product. I want an air vent mount instead of the windshield or dashboard type of mount, since I feel more secure knowing the speed we generally drive in.



This product is mainly made of plastic, of reasonable quality. When trying to mount for the first time, heavy force should not be used as this would simply cause parts to be broken. The assembly itself does not require too much force. So caution should be taken if you find that you need to exert more force than necessary to assembly the parts together.



The original spring clips that come with it, that connect the main assembly to the air vent, do not fit easily. I tried multiple methods and was unsuccessful. After calling Bracketron customer service, I was advised to try using the spring clip replacement, which is free and the request can be found on their website. With these spring clips, mounting to the air vent is a breeze and do offer secure assembly.



I am able to fit my iPhone 4 with a casing, securely to this assembly. With the price, even though the mount is only available in portrait mode, I am overall happy with this product.

The title of this review says it all. I installed this item on my Honda Civic. Because the vent clips are too short, I am unable to position the cell phone at an angle that suits my purpose. Using it with another phone, a Blackberry, I find it hard to keep the phone securely in place. When I have to press buttons while the phone is on the cradle, the phone comes loose and falls off rather easily. The smaller phone (a Samsung flip phone) fares much better.

I have an HTC Evo.

I added a skin for protection. With the skin, the phone does not fit. Without the skin, it's a hard SHOVE and I cringe every time, knowing I am damaging my phone. If this item expanded, then I am sure it would work, but for the newer touch smart phones, this is way too slender. If my EVO doesn't fit, an iPhone won't fit. Trying to take it off, the pieces all broke inside my vent. So sad it did not work out! - Droid - Incredible - Iphone 4 - Mount'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Vehicle Mounts - droid, iphone 4 incredible Vehicle Mounts - droid, iphone 4